Need help burning an XBOX 360 image file

I am having a problem trying to burn an ISO XBOX 360 game file using Imageburn and verbatim DL,I have always burnt without any issues,this particular game comes as a media file after burning,so I did some research, and found about ABGX360,used it ,everything checked out good,and it was successfull without any errors.then I burnt it again,and the outcome was same,I adjusted settings in layer break,changed book type,no change,tried 5 discs all together.all came out as media,
is there anything I am missing ? any help would be very much appreciated.

Image burn
Verbatim DVD+R DL
speed used 2.4x and 2x
BenQ DW1620

Thank you for reading

well all i do when burning 360 games in general is load the .dvd file and burn @ 4x (on Verbatim DVD+R DL (made in singapore)) and all is fine on my XBox360 with a Samsung MS28 drive with ImgBurn.

it should work… if the game your burning has region coding i aint sure if that would make it report as ‘media’ or not… but i do know you cannot use games that are from another region on a USA (NTSC) console… so for example if you got a PAL game (that’s locked to that region) and you got a NTSC console, the game wont work unless the game is region free. (i.e. no region coding)

rerip from original game disc and try again is about all i can say if the above don’t work for you :wink:

p.s. i would consider updating your console to the newest firmware (iXtreme v1.6 for BenQ/Samsung/Liteon or iXtreme v1.51 for Hitachi) if you have not already done that.

thanks for the reply

games is NTSC (US), when I run abgx gui,it comes up as region free,and passes all verification, I think I will need to update firmware,I had it modded
back in January,not sure new firmware was flashed or not,is there anyway I can find out what type of f/w I have ? I never had any other issues with burning and playing .What is a wave 3 ?

thanks again

wave3 is a new protection thing that Microsoft etc added to games to where if your console don’t support wave3 (i.e. iXtreme v1.51-ish firmware or newer. basically if you got iXtreme v1.4 or older it wont be able to play wave3 games.) then you cant play wave3 games at all pretty much.

wave3 games that i know of are… UFC/Hawx etc.

thanks a lot ,I spoke to the gentleman who modded mine,he says he installed iXtreme ,but probably outdated by now,he would flash newer version for $20. according to him,without newer version of iXtreme, newer games will only play as dvd media .and thats exactly is my issue.
I update after I get it flashed and I am not throwing away those burnt
DVD’s.
thanks again

May I ask what game this is? I have been using ImgBurn with Verbatim also with no issues. Are you sure your selecting .dvd file when burning the image? And why dont you flash your own drive. Its really easy.

[QUOTE=kaiserh;2407750]thanks a lot ,I spoke to the gentleman who modded mine,he says he installed iXtreme ,but probably outdated by now,he would flash newer version for $20. according to him,without newer version of iXtreme, newer games will only play as dvd media .and thats exactly is my issue.
I update after I get it flashed and I am not throwing away those burnt
DVD’s.
thanks again[/QUOTE]

yeah like i say if your using iXtreme v1.4 or older it wont play wave3 games like UFC etc etc. which you might as well say your going to have to update the firmware eventually since all or almost all new-ish games are going to be using that stuff ill bet.

the thing is… if your PC has SATA ports odds are you can update the firmware yourself since it’s not hard to do. but if PC stuff in general is like hieroglyphics to you then your probably better off letting someone else do it :wink: