Need help before I go insane

vbimport

Hello to everyone :slight_smile: i am really hoping that I can get some help here. I have an Acer notebook that came with NTI CD/DVD maker. I have downloaded files (.mp3) to my computer and have tried to burn them to discs using NTi and Windows media plyer, so I can listen to them in the car. It just wont work. I am using Memorex CD-R discs. One cd did work in csomeone elses car, but they never work in mine. I have downloaded and burned on another computer and they worked fine, dont remember what software I used that time. I went in and changed all the file extensions to .cda myself, but that made it worse, so i changed them bavk. The discs play on computers, just not in the car. any advice?

Many people recommend Burrrn for this type of thing. http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

By the way, you came [B]here[/B] to not go insane? That in itself is a bit deluded! :slight_smile: Welcome to the site.

[QUOTE=Ian1128;2058600]Hello to everyone :slight_smile: i am really hoping that I can get some help here. I have an Acer notebook that came with NTI CD/DVD maker. I have downloaded files (.mp3) to my computer and have tried to burn them to discs using NTi and Windows media plyer, so I can listen to them in the car. It just wont work. I am using Memorex CD-R discs. One cd did work in csomeone elses car, but they never work in mine. I have downloaded and burned on another computer and they worked fine, dont remember what software I used that time. I went in and changed all the file extensions to .cda myself, but that made it worse, so i changed them bavk. The discs play on computers, just not in the car. any advice?[/QUOTE]

I would try better media… like MAXELL PRO CD-R’s! You will not be disapointed. Little pricer but worth every penny.

Yo-

BEFORE ya go binnin ur discs - try [B]burning[/B] at [B]16x[/B] - and then see if they play in the car - 'cause it appears that you are tryin to burn them at like 40x and the car dc player will not read ones burned that fast-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2058852]Yo-

BEFORE ya go binnin ur discs - try [B]burning[/B] at [B]16x[/B] - and then see if they play in the car - 'cause it appears that you are tryin to burn them at like 40x and the car dc player will not read ones burned that fast-eh!![/QUOTE]

BigMike has a point with the slower error free burns. Also is this a factory stereo? If so don’t put more then 14 tracks on the disk. For some weird reason they won’t play if you have more then that on them.

Awesome, I will try the speed thing first, I have to work too much this weekend to get to the store. Im so glad I found this site, thanks for the info, I will give an update when I try the suggestions. Yes, it is a factory stereo, and really, I am already insane anyway…so I guess I am F’ed!!:eek:

The first thing to do is to check the owners manual for you cd player and see what it will and will not play. Some cd players like your friends are designed to play cd-r and cd-rw discs. Others will not play them.

When choosing which CD type you want to burn … select AUDIO CD.
If your car stereo supports MP3 playback, thenyou can make a data cd & just burn up to 650/700MB (100-200?) of MP3’s to the cd.

Use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim CDR’s, and you will likely have better results.
CDRW’s are not generally recommended for car stereos, on the sole basis that they don’t generally work.

Using good blank media and slowing down the burn speed a little bit will probably set you straight, assuming the stereo will support it.