Need help about Verbatim Europe

Cdfreaks expert… I think i need some help from you guys all especially people from europe.

i have some question about verbatim europe. Recently i just bought a 50 pack of verbatim 16x dvd+r.

Usually the verbatims dvd that sold here are from verbatim asia pacific. But this time it’s from verbatim europe. it’s kinda weird to see they sell the europe version in here in asia.

So i want to know is this verbatim real? Unlike the usual asia version where there’s a paper tag that circle the cakebox, the europe one got none. Only a purple plastic wrap the cakebox.

I checked the europe site that sells dvdr. it seems a little different than the one i got. The pictures shows advanced azo in the plastic but mine have none only some small azo logo.

The distribution and usage info from the plastic shows Made in Japan. Europe Verbatim Ltd. Egham, UK. A Mitsubishi Kagaku Media Company. There is also a russian language info printed on it.

When i tried to burn one disc and tested it but somehow it didn’t seems to perform well like the verbatim asia one. I tried the nero quality test and every time i scanned all the results are different. First one is 90 after that the second scan shows 45, after that it backs to 85. Sometimes it reach 0 too.

The europe verbatim disc never show the same result. Not like the asia one. The asia version always shows almost the same result. It always around 95-98.

For the info i did all my quality test with a dvd-rom. Can’t scan it with the dvdrw since it’s a pioneer.

Another thing i want to ask is about burning speed. What speed should i burn a 16x dvd at? I have read most the posts in the forum about this and it varies. Some says lowest 4x speed is the best. Some says you have to go for the max. Even some states that 8x or 12x is better.

I always burn at 4x. If i burn at faster speed the buffer bar just keep going up and down and it looks scary. It won’t stop moving but when it’s 4x it stays constant.

So should i stick with 4x or start using faster speed from now?

Thank you for all your help.

What other codes are visible on the media/inner rings?

I think the code is TH000039

Welcome to CDF! :slight_smile:

All my Verbies are labelled Verbatim Europe, so I would think they are real.

With the printed shrinkwrap, and the MIJ info, I would think they are the same Taiyo Yuden Verbies we get here in the UK.

As chef asked, please post any codes etc that you see around the hub of the disc, for definite identification. :wink:

Lastly, opinions will vary, but I tend to burn 16x discs at 8x, maybe 12x for very good discs.

I’m also not sure how much I’d trust a quality scan from a DVD-ROM drive.

Edit: Thanks for the code - they are genuine Taiyo Yuden-made Verbies.

Hi [B]superjackjack[/B], welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Your Verbatims are genuine and made by Taiyo Yuden in Japan for Verbatim and are using the new packaging type.

In my experience these are not quite as good as the Verbatims using Mitsubishi technology and manufacured in Taiwan (by CMC or Prodisc) or India (by Moser Baer) but they should be OK. In most burners I would burn them at 8x since that is the safest burn speed in a majority of drives in my experience.

Which Pioneer drive do you use? You might need to enable scanning support in Nero CD-DVD Speed before starting.

In my experience, these YUDEN000 T03 are on average slightly worse than the MCC 004 made in Taiwan by CMC or Prodisc, but are better or at least more consistant than the MCC 004 made in India by Moser Baer.

I guess this is a case of [I]Neo-Verbies at work[/I] here :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=kg_evilboy;1960514]Which Pioneer drive do you use? You might need to enable scanning support in Nero CD-DVD Speed before starting.[/QUOTE]Scanning with Pioneer drives is not recommended because the Pioneer drives don’t report reliable information. You would need CDSpeed 4.7.5.0 or earlier and it might be necessary to change a registry setting, but I really wouldn’t recommend it unless it’s your only drive capable of scanning (but I might prefer it over an Optiarc drive for DVD scanning).

In my experience, these YUDEN000 T03 are on average slightly worse than the MCC 004 made in Taiwan by CMC or Prodisc, but are better or at least more consistant than the MCC 004 made in India by Moser Baer.
I’d prefer Verbatim MCC004 made by Moser Baer over Verbatim branded YUDEN000 T03.

Plextor branded YUDEN000 T03 are much better in my experience, but they are not made anymore.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1960515]
I’d prefer Verbatim MCC004 made by Moser Baer over Verbatim branded YUDEN000 T03.

Plextor branded YUDEN000 T03 are much better in my experience, but they are not made anymore.[/QUOTE]

As would I ;)…and, agreed. :slight_smile: