Need help - 832S creating coasters

vbimport

Just wondering if you guys can help me out. I used to have a Memorex Dual Format burner that didn’t create a single coaster, using Memorex DVD+/- R discs.

I just got a Lite-On 832S and the last couple days with the same Memorex media, i’ve gotten about 4 coasters.

Does Lite-On not work very well with Memorex media? Is there a certain other brand that would be flawless?

Thanks,

Jason

what firmware are you using, VS08 is the latest. what speed are you writing it to. what is the mid?
BTW the 832 is not that great with media compatibility

I’m a noob when it comes to what firmware is and how to upgrade it. I’m writing at 4X. And i’m not sure what “mid” is.

What media do you think would work the best for me?

BTW, i’m using DVDshrink and Nero for buring dvd’s.

Thanks,

Jason

you’re a little wrong the newest firmware is VS0A.
what firmware do you use currently with your burner JDaMan ?
The Media that works best so far for me is Verbatim (4 DVD+R (MCC002) 4x DVD-R (MCC01RG20) and DVD-R 8x (MCC02RG20).
Oh and TDK DVD+R 4x is good too (RICOHJPNR01)
I have the same Burner currently with VS0A (and a 812 on 832 from an friend who bought an LG)

I did some testing with cmc mag E01 memorex media at 4x 6x 8x and found that burns best at 2.4x :frowning: I have 812@832 using VS0A now I have heard that cmc E01 quality can very from what part of the world you buy it in. I thought my 812 was bad due to this poor burns on cmc E01 so rma my 812 and got another same thing, this media burned well on my 2500 stock fw. and did well on pioneer 107d i tested it on. I dont know what say about liteon and this media. It does not seem to like it to well on 812/832 models.

I’m really a noob when it comes to this stuff. Can you tell me how i can find out which firmware i am using? Also, can you tell me how to update my firmware?

So you would suggest the Verbatim or TDK media? With my Memorex 4X DVD+R media, only about 50% of them work 100%.

Thanks for everything guys, i’m slowly learning :slight_smile:

Jason

@Clany
Yea I mix the VS08 & VS0A up

@JDaMan
Use nero info tool, run it and it will display the firmware version, the firmware will be somethin like VS0_

The latest firmware you can get is at liteon site

the firmware flashing is really simple and there should nothing go wrong JDaMan its a windows executable and you should close all running applications before you begin the flashing process.
Also you should do nothing and eject the CD/DVD.