Need Help 2 Choose Softwear?

Hello everyone this is the first time I have posted on this forum and I need some help from the people in the know about audio CD protection. This is the story, several weeks ago I bought several audio CD’s from a local night club, once I had got them home I decided to listen to them on my computer to see what they were like. They did not work! The CD drive started to spin the CD and then stopped, I went into my computer and explored the drive and it said that there was nothing there. I started to get angry thinking that they had sold me a blank disk, but before blowing my top I tried it in my stereo and it worked fine. I thought at first that they might have burned the audio tracks as mp3’s but the stereo I tried it on did not support mp3. The next day I tried it in my car and it again worked fine. Music quality was perfect. Thinking it might be my PC drive which is the problem I tried it on my lap-top and other computers owned by friends, my conclusion is that it the CD’s were copy protected against PC’s. I do not wish to copy these CD’s, my question to you is, what software is out there that can do this. I want to burn CD’s like the ones I encountered from the night club that can’t be played or copied my PC’s. What is the best software out there for achieving this, and how exactly does the software fake the computer into thinking there is no disk in the drive? Somebody told me that I could use clone CD or it might be the fact that these people who have produced these CD’s have used some duplication software that if you are burning a lot at once, maybe it has this effect. I really don’t know so please any info would be brilliant. Cheers everyone. :cool:

First you state this " I do not wish to copy these CD’s"…
then this" I want to burn CD’s like the ones I encountered from the night club that can’t be played or copied my PC’s"…
which is it? just curious!..
Cheers

I collect vinyl records, some of which are very rare and hard to find. Using a combination of softwer and wardwear such as kool-edit pro, techniques decks and a concord kneedle i was able to rip these records to high quality mp3. I’m not in trouble with the record labels because most of them have been bought out or shut down. But the thing is i would love to put these on to CD. I dont want anybody to be able to put the music onto PC, because if so i will have no controle over what happens to the music. If these ripps got into the wrong hands they could easily be sent to be re-pressed and Dj’s would be buying them for £10 insted of there real price of 100/200 for the origianl. Its not fair on the people who collect these records as their investments would depresiate. Its always the same in the dance scean.:cool:

It’s easy to burn them to CD with Burrrn or CDBurnerXP , the hard part is trying to protect them from being ripped…Even the big record labels have a hard time with that…If you can hear it you can record it…
I’m curious to see what other members have to say about trying to protect a CD…

Thought I read on here one time that if the cd was overburned the average user wouldnt know how to copy it.

I understand that even if a PC could’nt read a disk in its drive there are other ways inwhich you could record audio, like attatching a cable to a sterio and recording the audio on line in. But it would be a deterant if people put it in their PC’s and media player could’nt rip it, people would think sod it coz if you did do it through the sterio it takes time and quality might be comprimised.