Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit 2 and Alcohol 120% = SH**

well … I have tested the alcohol 120% trail ( version 1.3.5 ) some time now and it’s only a week lest befor it says baybay , so I tryed to make a copy of " Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 " (safedisk 2.8x ) , and I tryed to use Alcohol 120% because I heard in the CloneCD form that Alcohol 120% is the only burnproggi that can handel SD 2.8x so I burned a Copy of the game using the SD 2.8x profile and the I tryed to run the Copy in my DVD-rom ( LiteOn LTD-163 ) , but when I tryed that a error message pops up and says : “Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 - corrupted files or registry; please reinstall” … starnge … I have tryed reinstall the Game 5 time , and every time this error message ? It works fin if I install the game from the Orginal CD , and plays from it , but in the wery moment I try running the copy I get this error message , and when I have gotten this error message after running the copy , and trys running the game from the Orginale , it says the same !! :confused: so now I have to reinstall the Fuc*ing game every time I trys to play the game form the copy !!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH :frowning: :frowning: :a :a what the hell has happened ? a bad copy ? I have used the profile that other have had succses with , so I can see what the problem is …

CDRW : LiteON 40125s frimware : ZS0P
DVD-ROM : LiteON LTD-163D firmware : GHR3

Did you try running the game from the image you created on your hard drive…?? did you create an image or did you do an on the fly copy ???

[list=1]
[li]You don’t need to re-install when you get this message; just re-boot.
[/li][li]Alcohol is not the only program capable of copying this game; discjuggler and the combinations of discdump/fireburner and discdump/nero also work whilst each of blindwrite, cd-mate and burnatonce will work on some systems.
[/li][li]Are you trying to run the copy from the same drive as that from which you installed the game? EA games are often “hotwired” to run only from the installation drive.
[/li][/list=1]

Don’t enable Bypass EFM error with this writer when writing.

Hi there,

is it better to enable bypass efm with this yamaha burner and maybe its the best choice to copy SD2.8 with alcohol and use BW only for SecuRom New ?!

thanks for reply.

I have made a working copy of the game now … Thnks for the help … I just had to unselect EFM error in the writeing … I have a 2 sheep burner :slight_smile: , but I thing they shoud have made it so that if you have a 2 sheep burner , then this option is not selected when you choose Safdisk 2 in the burning profile :wink: That way everything would almost go by it self :slight_smile: … make a database over the CDRW ( onlineserver ) , and have the Computer go Online and DL a list of what profiles and settings that fints best for your hardware ( Reader and Writer ) the first time you install Alcohol 120% , that way maby more peopels will buy the software to :bigsmile:

BTW : are there a way to make your own Profiles as it is in CloneCD ?

Originally posted by KickF
BTW : are there a way to make your own Profiles as it is in CloneCD ?

Sure, You have the profile management in options :wink:

Originally posted by [KFG]
[B]Hi there,

is it better to enable bypass efm with this yamaha burner and maybe its the best choice to copy SD2.8 with alcohol and use BW only for SecuRom New ?!

thanks for reply. [/B]

agree with that

alcohol is the best for SD protections blindread/write the best for securom (if you get it to work)