Need for Speed 4 Road Challenge

vbimport

Just bought and installed NFS4 RC. Install went fine (from my ASUS CRW5224A).

When I start the game it says: can’t find CD-ROM, please insert CD and start again (or something like that).

It says this when I try to run it from my writer, but also from my normal CD-ROM (A-Open 36x).

I’ve got CloneCD, Alcohol120% and BlindWrite installed but that shouldn’t be a problem, because it’s an old SafeDisk protection (v1.06 if I’m correct).

Any ideas???

Perhaps it’s one of those games that must be installed and run from the rom with the lowest drive letter. Some of the games released at about that time were restricted that way.

Well I searched the internet and I found a patch which enabled you to play the game under XP/2000/NT. I just gave it a try and voila, it works!!

And there isn’t any thing mentioned on the Electronic Arts website about this subject.

EA thanks for nothing. :Z :a

The man or woman who wrote that little patch. :bow: :bow: :bow:

See if you can find a NO-CD patch…

Originally posted by NDC
See if you can find a NO-CD patch…

For testing purposes only right .
Please read the rules dude, don’t mean to sound rude but we don’t discuss such things here.

Not to sound rude, but… I see nothing wrong with posting about NO-CD patches. Apparently, he’s already tried copying his CD for BACK-UP purposes. I guess this whole thread would be non-legit then, correct? I’m not supplying him a warez site or anything. I know what’s legit or not on the forums. I’ve been a mod for SysOpt.com, Techimo.com, and now run Xtremepccentral.com with a buddy if mine.

But we do. No-CD patches are hacked copyrighted material.

Coming from the man… Fine… You’re the mod! I can respect that. You guys run the site, I’m just a guest so… :slight_smile:

But still, I do find it rather funny coming from a site that supports COPYING CDs… Anyways… Just my humble opinion…

Originally posted by NDC
Apparently, he’s already tried copying his CD for BACK-UP purposes. I guess this whole thread would be non-legit then, correct?

Well I don’t know what you’re talking about, but if you read my first post you can see that I BOUGHT this game (along with RA, RA2 and C&C Renegade).

So I have (had) this problem with the original discs!!

That’s why I said BACK-UP purpose. Meaing that you have the source as your own. I didn’t say pirating. :slight_smile:

Anyways, duplicating any disk regardless of you owning it or not is not legit. That’s all I was trying to say when they got on my case.

@NDC
“But still, I do find it rather funny coming from a site that supports COPYING CDs… Anyways… Just my humble opinion”

We discuss legal methods of copying cd’s
Illegal are co-cd patches, cracks, or anymeans to modify the original exe or any orignal data content of the cd.
Legal are making a copy of the protection by copying the protection itlsef onto cdr. This way nothing gets changed.
Further, emulation is legal as of now as well.

There is nothing wrong with copying CD’s as long as its done the right way. I beleive that Namoh does own this game, I just didn’t want a mod to get mad at you or close the thread cause of what you wrote. Although more realistically one of the mods here would probably change what you wrote. They are very efficient, Iknow because I have posted here for a while now and read even more than i posted.

Just to make things clear.

I own the game.
And that’s why I don’t want a no-cd crack.

If it was a copy then I would/could find such a crack within minutes from the net (but I wouldn’t discuss that here because I know how it works). But with an original disc I’m not settling for a no-cd crack. Why the hell did I pay the money for then!!

But as I already mentioned, the problem is solved, without a no-cd crack.

Thread closed.