Need everyones help

vbimport

hi,

currently i have a few dvdfab video tutorials uploaded to youtube. however i would like to update these to the new dvdfab 5. i would not like to limit the information provided in the videos to what i know, or what i like about dvdfab.

if you have your favorite settings please post them here. if you have a favorite dvd to mobile profile settings you use, please post them here. if you just want to post your favorite option or feature of dvdfab please feel free to post about it here.

I am looking for what everyone else uses to make dvdfab work best for them. would like to make the next set of videos very useful and informative for newbies and CDFreaks alike.

everyones input is greatly appreciated.

thanks

troy

ps
my knowledge of dvd to mobile option settings is very limited.
this is not intended to replace the dvdfab guide, (http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/) however, suppliment the guide.

Hey Troy, be happy to add whatever I’m able…
Hittin’ the sack now, but will post as soon as I get the chance.

thanks maineman.

ok ill go first. :slight_smile: anyone that reads my post and has watched my other videos may already know my favorite feature of dvdfab. :wink:

default main movie mode with english dolby digital audio track and no sub-picture. this is just too good. :clap:

insert the source disc in one drive, insert a blank disc into the other drive. open dvdfab and have the main title pre-selected with the appropriate sound track and no subtitles. [B]AUTOMATICALLY!![/B]

so all i have to do is click next, maybe change the dvd name, click start and wait for the dvd writer to open with my new dvd. :bow:

this has to be the easiest dvd back up. only two clicks.

come on so no one else likes dvdfab?

My all-time favorite feature is Common Settings, because it gives users so much control. Favorite mode is currently a tie between Customize and and the new Customize Split. Thank you, Fengtao, for all the buttons and boxes, I cherish them all. :slight_smile:

Sorry Troy, I forgot all about this thead until it reappeared…:doh:

My favorite is customize mode…generally use it like you use main movie…which was my main mode way back when. I usually just pick the main title, 1 audio track and English subtitle, but I will often tinker with these settings, still the default settings come up as main movie, but in customize mode.

One of my favorite features since the introduction of PathPlayer is the ability to alter the playback order of various titles. This is particularly useful with the bigger files where I opt to burn to DL media. I burn a lot of DL’s as well as SL’s and it’s great to be able to to do Full Disc and yet have the movie start with the main title, which is what I want most of the time.

Still at work, so I was timed out…

Absolutely agree with signals…love all the bells and whistles…:cool:

[QUOTE=troy512;2088005]come on so no one else likes dvdfab?[/QUOTE]Ha ha we love it mate…

I suggested soemthing in your other Video tutorial section…same as you did for mainmovie but do it for Mobile/VOB Passthru…it’s all I use…

[quote=gkinghrn;2088315]Ha ha we love it mate…

I suggested soemthing in your other Video tutorial section…same as you did for mainmovie but do it for Mobile/VOB Passthru…it’s all I use…[/quote]
I 2nd VOB Passthru…wicked fast, full quality. Because I stream my videos this works awesome for me.

gkinghrn, skingery

thank you for the suggestions. :slight_smile: i have actually never used this feature. :frowning:

dvd to mobile - generic - vob.passthrough. seems pretty straight forward, no settings to mess with - makes for very easy use, and full quality is nice. :cool:

do you both use this feature for streaming video? how is having vob passthough files easier than other formats? what are some of the other programs/hardware you use for viewing the video? :wink:

please explain your use of the output files. i want to understand what you are doing to provide the info in my video. :smiley:

thanks troy

I have a D-link DSM-520 media player. I stream video from my Media Center PC to it. The device can play MPGs so I keep the full fidelity of my DVD and save it as one file using VOB pass through. This is hyper-fast because it basically takes the movie off the DVD and compiles it together as one file. Additionally, dvdfab lets me keep the English AC3 track so I get full surround 5.1 on the movies that have it.

Hope that helps.

yes, thank you

what program do you use to stream? WMP?

[quote=troy512;2088652]yes, thank you

what program do you use to stream? WMP?[/quote]
Yes, Windows Media Player 11. I have tried many but for me it works best.

thanks again

As he said…

My experience :

The only problem though with WMP is it won’t stream VOB files (you may need a plugin but I’ver never found it to work well)

I now stream using Tversity RC1 (don’t use the earlier one’s I found them flaky). I have used WMP11 in the past but to do that using VOB passthru you need to rename your VOB’s to MPG for WMP to see it.

Streami mainly to my PS3 and find it great to have the Full 5.1 DD audio chanel and full quality picture.

Some interesting audio bits and pieces though with some dvd’s not having DD 3/5.1 but only PCM or DTS…can be a bit hit or miss with those but thankfully it is a minority.

I also stream to my Philips Streamium SLM5500 device but tbh the audio is hit or miss and is something I am now looking into to see why that should be _ it plays Audio from VOB’s but not from streamed MPG’s which has just been renamed so I think it’s maybe the way the Philips is transcoding rather than the feeds themselves.

But it’s dead simple to do and would be a useful tutorial …given you didn’t know about this fesature I am sure there are others in a similar mindset so highlighting it would be good I think.

Well done on the good work again…

[QUOTE=skingery;2088644]I have a D-link DSM-520 media player. I stream video from my Media Center PC to it. The device can play MPGs so I keep the full fidelity of my DVD and save it as one file using VOB pass through. This is hyper-fast because it basically takes the movie off the DVD and compiles it together as one file. Additionally, dvdfab lets me keep the English AC3 track so I get full surround 5.1 on the movies that have it.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]Do you keep things as VOB’s or rename them to MPG like I do? Thinking of replacing my Philips box…you like the D-link one?

[QUOTE=troy512;2083195]hi,

currently i have a few dvdfab video tutorials uploaded to youtube. however i would like to update these to the new dvdfab 5. i would not like to limit the information provided in the videos to what i know, or what i like about dvdfab.

if you have your favorite settings please post them here. if you have a favorite dvd to mobile profile settings you use, please post them here. if you just want to post your favorite option or feature of dvdfab please feel free to post about it here.

[B]I am looking for what everyone else uses to make dvdfab work best for them. would like to make the next set of videos very useful and informative for newbies and CDFreaks alike.[/B]

everyones input is greatly appreciated.

thanks

troy

ps
my knowledge of dvd to mobile option settings is very limited.
this is not intended to replace the dvdfab guide, (http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/) however, suppliment the guide.[/QUOTE]
:slight_smile:
I’m moving to another aptartment, and saving on moving costs by moving meself for the wife and I - I will write as soon as my computer is up and running and I have an internet connection again - so long:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: