Need driver 4 optiarc ad 7200 scsi

Can anyone gif me the right software 4 my optiarc ad 7200 scsi dvd player====
i cant get the right driver!.. plz!! help me

Hi and Welcome!

could you please explain more detailled?
I am asking, since drivers for optical drives are part of the operating system. No other drivers available.

You might have a problem with the controller you have connected your drive to, but since my crystal ball is out of service for maintenance, we need some more information as already requested.

Michael

i need the right driver… its seem that i dont have a driver 4 my dvd divive… i have a optiarc ad 7200 scsi…

[QUOTE=Alex-D;2269373]i need the right driver… its seem that i dont have a driver 4 my dvd divive… i have a optiarc ad 7200 scsi…[/QUOTE]That’s what you already wrote in your initial post.

Please answer these questions:
Are there any problem indicators in device manager?
What drive do you have exactly?
What controller is your drive connected to?

Michael

How do you have the drive hooked up?
I’ve never heard of a 7200 scsi. (I may be wrong).

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2269433]How do you have the drive hooked up?
I’ve never heard of a 7200 scsi. (I may be wrong).[/QUOTE]Well, Windows tags all drives that are connected to a controller (Sata or Pata does not matter) that is run with manufacturer drivers as “Scsi”. You are right, a 7200 scsi does not exist in reality :wink:

That drive is ATAPI and the driver comes with the OS!

[QUOTE=chef;2279412]That drive is ATAPI and the driver comes with the OS![/QUOTE]:disagree: The thread starter has connected his drive to a Pata controller for which manufacturer drivers are installed.
Could be chipset integrated, onboard add-on controller (common with recent Intel chipset motherboards), or add-on controller card.

Michael

Actually you are both correct. XP does have its own drivers, CDROM.sys I do believe, plus you can elect to overwrite that driver with the mb drivers.