Need advices about monitors

I have plan to buy a new monitor, and I need to get a few advices

Which monitor are better, LCD or CRT?

Thanks

What do you mainly use your computer for?

Each one has it’s own advantages and disadvantages…

I use to play games mostly

Unless you look at the few LCD’s listed on tomshardware.com with a 16ms response time, you will have whats known as a trail effect when using an LCD. CRT are better for gaming but are more stress on the eyes. LCD’s are generally not better with exception to the few listed and are more expensive.

I got a 19" LCD which has a 25ms response time and doesn’t trail too noticeably but it was all I was able to afford and I was advised to get it after LASIK surgery. I can sit behind it for hours straight and my eyes don’t get starined at all. Also there were not 16ms response time LCD’s out at the time.

For gaming, I would definately go with the CRT - no doubts about that. I would personally recommend the ViewSonic monitors - pure quality and also very nice (a bit pricey though).

ya i like viewsonic, i was thinkg in buy this one

http://viewsonic.com/products/crt_g220fb.htm

But the guy in the store, he toll me, this monitor have like 2 or 3 line on the screen , or smutting like that ,he say the manufactory made the monitors like that ,any of you know what lines he’s tucking about?

btw thanks for u help guys

Hmm…sounds like he is talking about the line-ups of monitors they have; series so to speak.

I would go with whichever of their monitors has the best specs!! :smiley:

Do you know if this line-ups, they are to much visible went I play games, I mean I don’t want 2 seat from the monitor and see this lines to much

Dam I hope you understand what I want to mean, sorry my ingles suck :confused:

again thanks for you help

Yes for some reason expensive monitors (like Sony) have these lines going across the screen. It’s supposed to be that way according to Sony at least. They are broad darker segments so to say. Mind you I have never seen such a line myself, this knowledge comes from other forums I visit. :slight_smile:

LCD are the way of the future, go take a look at Guru3D’s review of the Hercules ProphetView 920 Pro, this screen has 20ms response time, excellent for gaming.

And qustions about monitors fit much better in this category :wink:

I recently bought an 17’ LCD monitor with wich i play all games with no trail effect. It’s the NEC Accusync 71VM model and yes it has 16ms response time. I can see no difference to my previous CRT monitors, actually it depicts colors a lot better :slight_smile:

Generally speaking, if you get an LCD monitor with a response time less than 25 ms you wont have any problems with games. I do have some monitors in mind as i have done some research before deciding what to buy, tell me if you want further advice on this.

Generally speaking, if you get an LCD monitor with a response time less than 25 ms you wont have any problems with games. I do have some monitors in mind as i have done some research before deciding what to buy, tell me if you want further advice on this.

Thank you, yes if you can gimme more advice I will be glad

btw I brought this LCD 19" Monitor but what I don’t like is the I have 2 use 1280X1024 resolution, I like my old CRT 1600x1200 on my destop resolution,i got 30 days money back warranty on this one ,so I just trying it, before I make my decision

Here is the LCD specification

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10032220&catid=10231&logon=&langid=EN&dept=1&WLBS=fsweb2&MSCSProfile=04F5E73718534B931FE272F980C40E9021C5F7E4B4ADFC9B38F6F586CB3F930FB5EEC7F191D95392C0A4389762AE3EAD9BDC478019D78C0F58C99150C95D8F68212E6EF014566A2DC8894A62A8A17581259E1108801BB1888464A68895EB73B3EF34330EF5DB18DA231C7F421DB64B4E2997E30B123E337B

There’s one thing that you should consider when buying an LCD monitor for gaming: LCD monitors have a native resolution. If you don’t run that resolution (that means, running on a lower resolution), the image quality will suffer (a lot!) or the image will be resized (so your 17" will operate like a 15" or so).

Ofcourse, you can run games at the native resolution of your monitor, but if that’s too much for your video card, there’s but 1 thing but lowering the resolution you can do: buy a new video card…

So unless you have a fast card (or you don’t care to buy a fast card somewhere in the -near- future), a LCD might cause some inconveniences.

I know for sure, I’ll be keeping my CRTs for quite some time…

i thinkg i will go for the CTR viewsonic, And my video card is ok,i have a GForceFX5900

Thanks for all you help guys