Need advice to set up Lite on LH-20AH & Pioneer DVR-710

I couldnt decide which to buy so I got both…Pioneer DVR-710 & Lite on 20AH…

I have never had to dvd burners in one box…right now I have a Lite On cd burner and my old NEC dvd burner…

I want to remove the NEC and install the 2 new ones…

So what would be the best way…keeping the cd-burner in place as well…

I dont know who should be the master and who should be the slave out of the 2 new dvd burners…

thanks

The Pio should be Master and run in UDMA4 mode.

Should I run them on seperate channels …ide 1 ide2…or on the same channel…I am going to have 2 dvd burners , 1 cd r burner and then the hd…

My Pioneer gets here today so I want to install it tonight…

I don’t know why you’d want 3 burners in one PC. If it were mine, HD goes on primary master (supposing it’s IDE) and Pioneer on secondary master. Lite-On in external USB enclosure and CD-RW shelved.

well thats because I burn cd-rs only on the cd-r burner…cd-r burners are dirt cheap…dont want to use my good dvd burners to burn crap cd-rs …thats why I still use it…

I wanted 2 dvd burners on it since I bought them both…I thought I could burn on the fly like that but that is ok…I may leave the lite on in the box and just use the Pioneer…

I dont want a external USB enclosure just for that…

Like I said…I can jsut keep the 20x Lite on…unless I can use them both to do on the fly burning ( burn from disk to disk instead of temp storing on HD…IS THIS POSSIBLE)

I am not an expert on this stuff …I buy a new burner every 1.5 yrs or so…

I couldnt make up my mind what to get so I bought both…

On-the-fly burning doesn’t work on one IDE channel and is risky on two. Keep the Pioneer as master on secondary and do as you please with the other two (no guarantees it will work).

ok…I have decided to pull the cd-burner out and put the new pioneer in and the new Lite on in…

so that makes 2 burners and 1 hd…

how would you put that together…sorry for the newb questions…

I installed the Pioneer on IDE #2 as master and the Lite On on IDE #2 as slave…

I left the hard drive on IDE #1 as master all by itself…I read it was best to not have a burner on the same IDE channel as the HD…does this seem good…?

I will mainly use the Pioneer as dvd burner and the Lite On as cd-burner …

how does this sound

Should I install the drivers that came with the drives or leave it alone ? I know sometimes that makes it worse to installed supplied drivers over the MS ones that usually work fine…

well after opening the packages…there are no drivers …just Nero 7 disks and quick check on instructions say better performance if HD is by itself…

so looks like I am set…

thanks

Sounds good. This setup should be fine as long as you do not try to use both the Pio and Litey at the same time.

Should I install the drivers that came with the drives or leave it alone ? I know sometimes that makes it worse to installed supplied drivers over the MS ones that usually work fine…
The drive comes with firmware pre-loaded. This is the closest thing to what you would call a ‘driver.’ You may want to update your IDE controller, but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

instructions say better performance if HD is by itself…
True, but you can have a burner and an HDD on the same channel. You would neither burn data from the HDD nor rip data to it with the ODD that’s hooked up on the same channel, however. I have my 20A1H hooked up to my primary master and a backup HDD hooked up as the slave. I only burn data from my external HDD or SATA HDD with it, though, so I have no problems.

thanks…It will work like it is …no I will not use both at same time…thanks all …