Need advice on purchase

After doing my research in this forum and elsewhere I pretty much learned that the best discs are made by Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui.

If price is NOT an isuue, should I go for the Mitsui or the Taiyo Yuden discs? If the Taiyo discs, then should I get the unbranded discs or ones branded by other companies (don’t know their names please inform me)?

My concern is not compatibility, as both companies are listed as recommended by Plextor for my specifis drive, but rather longevity. I need these suckers to last a long time.

Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated.

Originally posted by romant17

should I go for the Mitsui or the Taiyo Yuden discs?

If the Taiyo discs, then should I get the unbranded discs or ones branded by other companies (don’t know their names please inform me)?

Go for TY, those are cheaper and much easier to get.

Branded or not, it makes no difference, the material they are made of remains the same.

As for the brands, take a look here > www.cdr-info.de/showcdrhersteller_e.php?ID=52

BoSkin, price and availablity are not an issue, I am inquiring purely about quality. Mitsui discs use a Pthalocyanine dye rather than cyanine, use a diamond coating, and are much more expensive which leads me to believe they are better. Is this true is what I’m asking bsaically.

Originally posted by romant17

which leads me to believe they are better
In what sense ? What’s your definition of “better” ?

As for longevity, if handled properly both Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui can last for 5-100 years.
If you assume that Mitsui with the Golden dye will meet your needs,
then why do you need that piece of advice from somebody else ?

To get more info, please study the C1/C2 scans @CD-R(W) Media tests.