Need Advice On Best LiteOn for Disc Quality Testing

vbimport

Yo-

Which models of the currently available LiteOn DVD burners would make the best Disc Quality testers? (I can use either IDE or SATA drives)

TIA bra’s :bow:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2594015]Yo-

Which models of the currently available LiteOn DVD burners would make the best Disc Quality testers? (I can use either IDE or SATA drives)

TIA bra’s :bow:[/QUOTE]

I would say go to Newegg as well as Amazon and read their customer reviews on the liteon drive that your looking at and that will in part give a real world view of users experiences on the drives.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2594045]I would say go to Newegg as well as Amazon and read their customer reviews on the liteon drive that your looking at and that will in part give a real world view of users experiences on the drives.[/QUOTE]

Yo coolcolors-

Yup - did that before posting this thread. Unfortunately - none of the currently available drives on Newegg user comments discuss the chips that are best for [I]Disc Qiality Testing.[/I]

You haven’t been getting any answers in the Newbies. I don’t use Lite-on drives, so I can’t help.

So, I’m moving your thread into the Lite-on forum in hopes of better responses for you.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2594101]You haven’t been getting any answers in the Newbies. I don’t use Lite-on drives, so I can’t help.

So, I’m moving your thread into the Lite-on forum in hopes of better responses for you.[/QUOTE]

Yo Kerry-

Thank you. :clap:

All of my Liteon drives do a great job of scanning but if I had to pick one drive
as the best of them all it would probably be my real true iHAS524-98 A drive and
the next best drive would have to be my ASUS DRW-24B1LT cross flashed To the
Lite-On iHAS424 the slowest scanning drive I have is my iHAS 124-04B which is a
true iHAS124-04 Liteon drive they all have the MTK chip-set in them. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2594261]All of my Liteon drives do a great job of scanning but if I had to pick one drive
as the best of them all it would probably be my real true iHAS524-98 A drive and
the next best drive would have to be my ASUS DRW-24B1LT cross flashed To the
Lite-On iHAS424 the slowest scanning drive I have is my iHAS 124-04B which is a
true iHAS124-04 Liteon drive they all have the MTK chip-set in them. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Yo getit29-

I have a Asus DRW-24B1ST - would it be a good Disc Quality tester?

(hopefully without crossflashing)

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2594292]Yo getit29-

I have a Asus DRW-24B1ST - would it be a good Disc Quality tester?

(hopefully without crossflashing)[/QUOTE]

It should do just about as good of a job scanning as a real Liteon drive does I
know I tried mine before crossflashing them and they all done pretty darn good
the best way to know for sure is just try it and see how it does. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2594301]It should do just about as good of a job scanning as a real Liteon drive does I
know I tried mine before crossflashing them and they all done pretty darn good
the best way to know for sure is just try it and see how it does. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Yo getit29-

Thank you VERY much!! :bow:

(4x or 8x or…?)

Hey bigmike7, the DRW-24B1ST is a very nice scanning drive, I have both the a and b series of these drives and I like them both. I also have them crossflashed to 324’s but there scanning abilities have not changed at all. The ihas124’s scan about the same also. I scan everything @ 8x.
budzos

Yo budzos-

Thank you SO much for that info!!

(Mine doesn’t say A or B - just says 24B1ST-25 - but the seriel number starts with A)

Happy to help. I’ve been busy so I don’t get on here as much as I used to. My 5 year son
has been taking priority lately.
budzos

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2594015]Yo-

On The Shelf: BenQ 1640, Pioneer 115D

[/QUOTE]

From what I’ve read on the forums, your best bet for quality testing would be to use your “on the shelf” Benq 1640 :smiley:

Yo Sonic2171-

Oops - old/overlooked list.

(btw - the BenQ 1640 is a GREAT Disc Quality tester - but IMO the LiteOns are superior DVD testers - and the 1640’s came out 3-4 yrars ago)