Need Advice, Liteon LTR-48246S good choice for me?

Okay reading all the reviews on CD burners has done my head in. They all have their good and bad points but I’m leaning away from TDK and Plextor for a Liteon LTR-48246S.

Would this be a good choice??

Thanks in advance

Darryl

All depends on what you want to do with it…

There is no one-solution-to-all-problems, so please provide more info on your intended use.

TDK 48/24/48 is the same drive as the LTR-48246S only with different front panel.
Plextor is a bit expensive, but well worth it.

Well I would be backing up games, burning music CDs and backing up PS1 games.

I even looked at the new Yamaha CRW-F1 but it seems expensive compared to the Liteon.

Darryl

Originally posted by Darryl_2
[B]Well I would be backing up games, burning music CDs and backing up PS1 games.

I even looked at the new Yamaha CRW-F1 but it seems expensive compared to the Liteon.

Darryl [/B]

There $109 at ciurcit city I read for the F1

Okay guys give me some help here. The Liteon is it a good choice?

If music is the least you use it for, of the options you mentioned, it is certainly a good choice.

Are you saying the music quality isn’t very good?

Originally posted by Darryl_2
Are you saying the music quality isn’t very good?

Nope, but for music Plextor is generally speaking better at handling music protections.

I’ve always liked the Plextor reviews. Does it support Mount Rainier? So many CD writers to choose from. Would you recommend the Plextor?

Some ppl claim that CDRs written with a LiteOn drive perform poor in audio devices. I’v had my first LiteOn for about 3 months now and I haven’t found any problem. All the CD players I use (2x Philips, 2x Pioneer, 3x Sony, 1x Harman Kardon) play it like a silver disc… even on very cheap 20x media, burned at 40x. (I know that isn’t the way to write discs, but it’s good enough for testing;))

I would suggest a LiteON. I have a liteon 40125S overclocked to 48125W-VS08 (48x) and the write quality is wonderful. I burn 32x CMC (Mediapro) media at 48x for audio and data, with no trouble whatsoever. I have a setup of audio equipment that produces VERY clear audio, and I can hear no problems with the audio. I have owned an Acer, a Creative, A Sony, A TDK, a Plextor, and 2 LiteONs and I prefer the Liteon drives over all of the others. Even a LiteON 48125w would work great for what you describe. The VS08 firmware is supposed to be very good for audio copyguards, and it will read and write most anything (playstation games, <cough>)

Go with the Lite-On drive. The Lite-on appears to handle copy protection well (see liteon forum). Keep your eyes open for TDK and CenDyne drives also, as they use the same internals as the Lite-On you mentioned.

I must admit: I just installed a LTR-48125W yesterday, in addition to the LTD-163 I got last year. I have never run into anything that these drives couldn’t handle…

The lite-On drive is cheap and backs up copy protected CD’s.

Nuff Said.

Go LiteOn.

Plextor are great and the quality is awsome, but the price is not right for consumer level, especially since the cd’s is gonna be extinct soon anyway.

I give it 2 years before DVD takes over and cd is obsolete.

I think the TDK 48X would be a good choice because it is using the same chipset and it has a lot of bundles, such as IDE cable, CD-R pens, Manual, Audio calble and etc.

I got my LiteOn with only audio cable and driver CDs plus empty medias.