? Need a WAV’s CRC (EAC-AccurateRip)

Hi,

I was recently trying to rip Metallica’s Load. I tried to fix the scratch at the end of the disc and ended up cracking it. I did manage to rip most of the tracks beforehand, but the last couple were giving me trouble because of the scratch. I need to check to make sure that they are good but don’t know how to do it manually (obviously I can’t use EAC’s AccurateRip function anymore). I calculated the CRC of the WAV files but it does not match the ones in EAC’s log file (either the one next to “Copy CRC” or the “Confidence” level).

Does anyone know of a way to manually check a track against AccurateRip (and how EAC/AR calculate CRCs)? Alternately, can someone who has Load rip the last two tracks to WAV and calculate the CRC of the files so that I can compare them?

Thanks a lot.

[QUOTE=Synetech;1952768]Does anyone know of a way to manually check a track against AccurateRip (and how EAC/AR calculate CRCs)? Alternately, can someone who has Load rip the last two tracks to WAV and calculate the CRC of the files so that I can compare them?

Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

Hi there, I can’t answer that question specifically (and don’t have Load - sorry :flower:)… but a couple of other suggestions may be to try listening to the ripped track and seeing if there any obvious problems.
Also, try physically examining at the wave file as errors will probably show up in the wave that you can see.

The CRC of the last track can depend on the read-offset and whether the drive can read from lead-out, so the same disc ripped in different drives can result in different CRC for the last track.

That being said, here’s my (accurately ripped) result with [I]Metallica - Load[/I] on a BenQ DW1655:

Drage to the rescue :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Prof. Honeydew;1953096]but a couple of other suggestions may be to try listening to the ripped track and seeing if there any obvious problems.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, not all (I’ve even read most) errors tend to be in the non-audible parts of a track. Plus, an error in an audible part may be too slight to detect. Besides, now that the disc is gone, I have to make sure that it is a perfect copy since it is all I have. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Prof. Honeydew;1953096]Also, try physically examining at the wave file as errors will probably show up in the wave that you can see.[/QUOTE]
You mean like large blocks of NULL characters?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;1953129]The CRC of the last track can depend on the read-offset and whether the drive can read from lead-out, so the same disc ripped in different drives can result in different CRC for the last track.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I do not have the CRC from EAC or AccurateRip for it (that is why I am trying to find out how they calculate it); I only have the CRC of the resulting WAV file (and the MD5 hash and so on).

So is it only the last (and possibly first) track that would differ? You mean because there may or may not be some extra padding or something right? Sill, shouldn’t the final WAV file be identical regardless?