Need a new dvd burner what do u guys suggest?

Hi my 2006 samsung is craping out on me. It gets where it wont burn dvds it says wirte failed and never even started burning or it will start and never finsh and waste my dvd so i need a new one to replace it a good one in the $30 or below range.

i mainly burn on Verb dvds but sometimes i use tdk and imition but they burn slow on these types of disk so i would like to have a burner that can burn all 3 at decent speeds like at least 12x for the tdk and imation

I’d suggest you start by perusing this forum: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/. There’s a lot of folks who’ve asked (and answered) ‘what do u guys suggest?’ kinds of questions.

cant go wrong with an Optiarc 7200
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118011

7240 series is very nice and fast too right now:bigsmile:

I’ve always been partial to Pioneer drives but then again I haven’t checked into them lately.

Yo-

I second the recommendation on the Optiarc AD-7200A.

Mine does especially well on Verbatim 16x +R MCC004 and Taiyo Yuden 8x +R T02 DVD medias-eh!!

I can vouch for the Optiarc AD-7240S having just about everything you’d want if you’re getting an SATA drive. As far as IDE drives go, my Pioneer 115D, 116D, and 117D drives have all burned like champs.

No experience with the AD-7200A (IDE), but it seems to be on par with the 7240S (SATA) ratings-wise, and gets a lot of praise here on cdfreaks.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2409946]Yo-

I second the recommendation on the Optiarc AD-7200A.

Mine does especially well on Verbatim 16x +R MCC004 and Taiyo Yuden 8x +R T02 DVD medias-eh!![/QUOTE]

I just ordered 2 Saturday (1 for me and a friend) and they should be here friday :cool:
for $25 each I think I got a good deal.

My first DVD burner was also a samsuck I always used to consider samsung whenever I puchased electronics .The DVD burner was total crap, it swtarted crapping out the first 6 months of owning it. No customer service whatsoever THEY EVEN HUNG THE PHONE ON ME !! I bought a Phillips about a year ago, the hard drive stand alone type cant say enough about it I have rerecorded over a maxel Probably 30 + times with know problems just make sure to use Jewel cases (not sleeves) & keep the disc’s clean Hope I helped

[QUOTE=riptorn;2410281]I just ordered 2 Saturday (1 for me and a friend) and they should be here friday :cool:
for $25 each I think I got a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Where do get it for that price? and what is their shipping charge?

Thanks

If you can find genuine or repackage BenQ go for it otherwise Samsung 22X work just fine.