Need a good CD audio burning program (not Nero)

Can someone help me? This post is pertaining to ripping and making Audio CDs.

I had to buy a new PC last month and now I am having all sorts of problems burning my CD music files. I can rip them ok for the most part but my Nero 7.10 which came bundled with my LG L62 burner.

I get burn failures and have e-mailed Nero. They sent me a general reply with general solutions to fix the problem. None pertained to me, as I have new firmware and a SATA drive. I used Memorex CD-RW and other brands and had the same burn failures.

I got around the problem temporarily by ripping with Nero and burning with Windows Media 9.0. I upgraded to 11.0 and now it says I have media rights problems which prevent burning.

Can someone suggest a good alternative CD audio burning program that can burn even copy protected CDs and be able to produce mix CDs? CloneCD is ok but doesn’t allow you to choose individual songs.

Any help appreciated.

Don

i use a few diff ones depending upon the situation. Roxio media creator, blaze media pro, sonic record now, windows media player 10. they all work pretty good.

There are many choices for doing projects. I have completely gone away from the Nero/Roxio family of products and no longer recommend them.
What I use is a combination of things. Start out with FREE CDRipper and Easy Burner from Koyotesoft (France). They really do work well for audio. The Codecs are the best I have used so far. Want Glitzy-free trial of Ashampoo Burning Studio might be what you will like. Really serious conversions - Acoustica offers several things for audio worth the free trial. For general purpose and some more serious ripping and database work-Media Monkey shines (I own it).

Hope this helps you :slight_smile:

I learnt never upgrade as the newer versions of Win media have more copyright protection recognition on older CD’s for burning.

Rewritable media are not exactly the very best to burn audio CDs. Because of the higher amount of errors on the burned disc, some players simply refuse to read the disc.

I suggest to use Exact Audio Copy to rip your CDs (it allows also to rip single tracks) and then Burrrn to burn Audio CDs (it allows to select single tracks simply dragging and dropping them on the main window, so you can create your compilations as you like).

Both softwares are free :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;1969072]
I suggest to use Exact Audio Copy to rip your CDs (it allows also to rip single tracks) and then Burrrn to burn Audio CDs (it allows to select single tracks simply dragging and dropping them on the main window, so you can create your compilations as you like).

Both softwares are free :)[/QUOTE]I 2nd this suggestion :slight_smile:

I haven’t used Nero since version 5. It’s a shame they throw in with every drive retail box. There are better apps like these suggested :iagree:

EAC also supports audio burning

Haven’t had any problems with burning audio CDs using Nero 6.6, but I stay clear of DRM protected matarial.

Burrrn might be some emergency solution, but since it does not detect my USB connected drives, I can’t recommend it. :frowning:

And the CD writer function in EAC doesn’t work for me at all :frowning: