Need 2 Sata DVD Drives

vbimport

Hello All,

I am building a new desktop and I am looking for 2 CD/DVD SATA drives.

Drive # 1 - I am looking at Samsung DVD Rom. Drive #2 a dual layer Burner. My preference in the past has been Plextor.

I’d appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Plextor is very overpriced, and usually not better than others. Also if you plan on burning a good amount of cd/dvd’s in the future it would be better to get two burner drives becuase one may burn a disc better than the other and the cost is only a few dollars different.

my suggestions:
Pioneer DVR-215DBK
Samsung SH-S203N /free shipping at newegg right now/.

I agree with you 100%. I plan on purchasing 2 of the same drive so I will not have to swap cds or dvd for burning. I am looking at Samsung S203N.

thanks a loat

Yo tally7-

As a suggestion - make one of your drives a sata LiteOn DVD/CD burner - that way - you will have a drive that reads/writes AND will do reliable disc quality scans too-eh!!

(I personally only use IDE drives right now - so cannot recommend a good LiteOn sata to you)

ok Give me a IDE model number to go by.

thanks

[QUOTE=tally7;2059384]ok Give me a IDE model number to go by.[/QUOTE]

Yo tally7-

As you can see in my signature below-

I am using the LiteOn 20A4H as reader/ripper to my Pioneer 115D (sata equivalent = 215D) - as DVD and CD writer and am getting steller results with my burns using both Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden medias-eh!! :iagree: