Need 112D to Buffalo 825

Right now I have a Pioneer 112D with 1.24 FW. I have the Buffalo 112D 8.25 FW but it will now flash directly. I have read all the stickies & still can’t find the answer. What FW do I need to flash to with what flasher that will allow me to flash to the 112D 8.25:confused::confused::confused:

[QUOTE=jmp0889;1980574]Right now I have a Pioneer 112D with 1.24 FW. I have the Buffalo 112D 8.25 FW but it will now flash directly. I have read all the stickies & still can’t find the answer. What FW do[I] I need to flash to with what flasher that will allow me to flash to the 112D 8.25:confused::confused::confused:[/I][/QUOTE]

You have to flash to 8.21 first with Koba’s package here & then you can use
stock 8.25. :iagree:
HERE:
[[URL=“http://rapidshare.com/files/51249663/Updated_Firmware_and_utility_for_A12J_112L.rar.html”]http://www.mediafire.com/?5xlzw9jj0ws](http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=DB70XXWZ)

Here too: sorry forgot

http://www.megaupload.com/jp/?d=DB70XXWZ

http://rapidshare.com/files/51249663/Updated_Firmware_and_utility_for_A12J_112L.rar.html

Thanks much, however, this looks like the FW for 112L 8.25. Is it different for the 112D 8.25?

112L gives you LF and DVD-RAM read/writing feature while D has no LF and only DVD-RAM read feature. Hardware is the same for both drives.

:clap:“koba”,:clap:

Many thanks for your prompt reply. It appears that you are helping a great many people on this site without the usual sarcastic, snide remarks to “read stickies” that are the usual replies.

Thanks again for your help.:bow:

Just for giggles, how would I go about flashing to the 112"D" 8.25 firmware?:confused:

@ jmp0889,

Perchance have you totally reviewed this thread?

Here is “the usual sarcastic, snide remarks” that you refer to in your #6 posting -> If you note Forum Members jcusimano2 #2 posting in this thread provides the answer to your above question.

Regards,
bjkg

BTW, there is NO 112D 8.25 FW. The 112D is Pioneer’s own drive, and has the latest FW version of 1.24. 8.25 is only for Buffalo’s drives. :smiley:

I think could use the packages that [B]koba[/B] and [B]jcusimano2[/B] posted to as a means of getting back to a 112D, and then just update the FW to v1.24. :flower:

Also, we typically suggest searching for the answer, as oftentimes the question has already been asked. And if the answer is in stickies, then we point the user there. :wink: In no way do we ever try to make sarcastic, snide remarks, even if they may come across that way. :disagree: [If they come across that way, it may be because the person answering doesn’t know English as his or her main language. ;)]

[QUOTE=Albert;1981795]BTW, there is NO 112D 8.25 FW. The 112D is Pioneer’s own drive, and has the latest FW version of 1.24. 8.25 is only for Buffalo’s drives. :D[/QUOTE]

actually, there is a ‘112d’ version of the 8.25 firmware, its for the buffalo drive DVM-RXG18 which is literally a dvr-112d, while the buffalo DVSM-XL1218 is literally the dvr-112l.

but what i dont get is why would someone want to flash to the buffalo version of the 112d, as there is probably no difference, afaik, other then voiding your warranty.

[QUOTE=nfsuw;1982715]actually, there is a ‘112d’ version of the 8.25 firmware, its for the buffalo drive DVM-RXG18 which is literally a dvr-112d, while the buffalo DVSM-XL1218 is literally the dvr-112l.

but what i dont get is why would someone want to flash to the buffalo version of the 112d, as there is probably no difference, afaik, other then voiding your warranty.[/QUOTE]

Well, the difference is "Bitsetting" but if you know how to use MCSE then you can modify 1.24 & therefore there is no need to crossflash to 112D 8.25 only to 112L 8.25 for LF & DVD-Ram writing.  :iagree:

nfsuw & jcusimano2,

If you review the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Burner From posting titled “Pioneer DVR-112D/L: Post your scans and questions here (1st look)” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-112d-l-post-your-scans-questions-here-1st-look-201109) in its entirety you will see that there is an advantage obtained in the Disc Quality Scan results with Buffalo version 8.25 Firmware when compared to the Disc Quality Scan results obtained using Pioneer version 1.24 Firmware.

Possibly that would be a reason to flash a Pioneer DVR-112D with Buffalo DVR-112L version 8.25 Firmware.

Regards,
bjkg

you must not be reading my post right… what i didnt get was why someone would crossflash to the 112D version of 8.25 not the 112L version of the 8.25
i myself have already crossflashed cause it gives me better burn quality on verbatims 16x dvd+rs

[QUOTE=nfsuw;1984466]you must not be reading my post right… what i didnt get was why someone would crossflash to the 112D version of 8.25 not the 112L version of the 8.25
i myself have already crossflashed cause it gives me better burn quality on verbatims 16x dvd+rs[/QUOTE]

I understand your question because I had the same one and the answer is, they wouldn't because it makes no sense unless you like a voided warranty.  :bigsmile:  112D 8.25 is the same as 112D 1.24. hold on except for bitsetting D&L buffalo versions both have bitsetting. But if you use MCSE there is no point unless you need Ram Writing.

@ nfsuw & jcusimano,

It has been explained many times in the Forum that ALL 8.** series Firmwares are Buffalo Firmwares and NOT Pioneer Firmwares. Forum Member Albert is totally correct in his #8 posting - there is not a Pioneer DVR-112D version 8.25 Firmware. If you closely review the Pioneer DVD Burner Read First posting titled “Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210917) dowload links for 8.** series Firmware you will see that all the download links are at the Buffalo Web Site.

Suggest reviewing posting #11. There is a difference between Buffalo version 8.25 Firmware and Pioneer 1.24 version Firmware. Buffalo 8.25 version Firmware provides better Burning quality than Pioneer 1.24 version Firmware.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1984540]I understand your question because I had the same one and the answer is, they wouldn’t because it makes no sense unless you like a voided warranty. :bigsmile: [B]112D 8.25 is the same as 112D 1.24. hold on except for bitsetting D&L buffalo versions both have bitsetting. But if you use MCSE there is no point unless you need Ram Writing.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not correct. Please don’t spread wrong info.

(Firmware. Buffalo 8.25 version Firmware provides better Burning quality than Pioneer 1.24 version Firmware.) Amen on that bjkg, also it gave me the 18X burning if I wanted to use it

hi … i want to ask, i have pioneer 112DBK, what best firmware for my drive? ver 1.28 from official pioneer website or buffalo or kobe? which one is better? i’m so confused because so many firmware. thanks for ur help…

@ zilan,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest reading this thread in its entirety – paying particular attention to postings #2, #11, and #16.

Regards,
bjkg

@bjkg
thanks …

so, which firmware that i should update for my drive? kobe, buffalo or official from pioneer?

sorry, i still don’t understand about the difference kobe, and buffalo.

i just only need the best firmware for my drive.

thanks

@ zilan

Once again please READ posting #2.

Regards,
bjkg