Nedw

vbimport

hello i,m ned can any one help me to find out how to copy a ntsc vhs tape to dvd i have a pioneer 220 dvd recorder all i can get is sound when i try to copy any help would be great thank you

[QUOTE=nedw;2033718]hello i,m ned can any one help me to find out how to copy a ntsc vhs tape to dvd i have a pioneer 220 dvd recorder all i can get is sound when i try to copy any help would be great thank you[/QUOTE]

I do it by connecting my VCR to my TV tuner card that I installed in my rig(computer)

Hi nedw, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Is your Pioneer recorder an NTSC format recorder (e.g. North America) or a PAL recorder (e.g. Europe)?

If you try to record NTSC on a PAL recorder, you would either get a bad picture or no picture at all.

Have you connected both sound and video signals from the VHS tape player to the DVD recorder?

my dvd recorder is a pioneer dvr220 and it will play pal or ntsc but thats about all i know about it when i try to record i get perfect sound but no video—i have a friend that is a computer freak and he says he will put this ntsc tape through his tuner on the puter and hopefully i will get some good results many many thanks for the helpful replies thank you --ned:iagree: