Ned help with MCSE

Hi, I installed a 2nd Pioneer 112D into my PC. I ran it normal & made a b-up. Then, I started following the directions from the last 112D install on my main PC.

I got as far as trying to load the file to the MCSE box. When I clicked on the Pioneer file the box went gray and I can’t go any farther. I am not getting any error messages. I am using the same directions I had last time.

I started MCSE. I tried to load the file- Here I am stuck and have no idea why the file won’t load.

Please help. Thanks.:confused:

@ walker1,

You are going to have to be more specific in exactly what you are attempting to do in the MCSE tool program.

Are you attempting to “patch” Firmware with an “Increase Read Speed”,“RPC-1, or “Enable Bittsetting” Patch or are you attempting to “patch” a Flasher for “Allow Same To Same Flashing” or are you attempting to “modify” Firmware Media Codes?

Exactly what “File” are you attempting to load in what MCSE “box”?

Exactly what “Pioneer File” and what “box” went gray?

Perchance are you sure that these undisclosed “Files” are Newly Download Files that you are attempting to patch or modify? If these undisclosed “Files” have been previously patched by the Media Code Speed Edit (MCSE) tool the Media Code Speed Edit tool has “safeguard” built into the tool program to prevent file contamination that might occur when attempting to patch files twice.

Regards,
bjkg

There is also a MCSE sticky thread…

[QUOTE=bjkg;1973009]@ walker1,

You are going to have to be more specific in exactly what you are attempting to do in the MCSE tool program.

Are you attempting to “patch” Firmware with an “Increase Read Speed”,“RPC-1, or “Enable Bittsetting” Patch or are you attempting to “patch” a Flasher for “Allow Same To Same Flashing” or are you attempting to “modify” Firmware Media Codes?

Exactly what “File” are you attempting to load in what MCSE “box”?

Exactly what “Pioneer File” and what “box” went gray?

Perchance are you sure that these undisclosed “Files” are Newly Download Files that you are attempting to patch or modify? If these undisclosed “Files” have been previously patched by the Media Code Speed Edit (MCSE) tool the Media Code Speed Edit tool has “safeguard” built into the tool program to prevent file contamination that might occur when attempting to patch files twice.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Hi bjkg, I was stuck in the MCSE box, but got past it finally. I keep getting error messages so it’s hard to follow the steps that I used on the other PC.
I was trying to increase read speed, enable bitsetting, and flash the 112 with the modified file. The whole point is simply to increase the overall speed of the 112. Some files were newly d-loaded yesterday, but some were already in the pc for the Sony DRU800 from before.

The file I was trying to d-load & did d-load- (I think) is A083001.124- s-patched. Part of my problem is I had the Sony DRU800 drive in this PC & I replaced it with another Pioneer 112D. I had d-loaded some tools when the Sony was still in the PC, and I’m not exactly sure which ones were for the Sony.

The following are in my documents folder @ this time:

1. Pioneer 1.24 firmware file from their site-(The firmware update went OK)
  2. DVR112 FW124EU s-patched- (In a folder called called DVR112).
  3. DVR Flash V 2.1- (In a folder)
  4. DVR Flash V 2.1- (file only).
  5. Flash Utility- 2.2.2- (In folder).
  6. MSCE Tool- (In folder).
  7. 7 zip-7z457- (file only).
  8. A0813001 s-patched, 1.24-(File only).
  9. DVR-112 FW124 EV- (File only).
  10. DVR-112 FW124EV s-patched- (File only).
  11. MCSE- (File only).

These are all in “My documents” folder.

1. I d-loaded MSCE tool, 1.24 firmware, & 7 Zip 1st.
  2. Started MSCE-loaded mod. file after many error messages.
  3. Clicked on increase speed, RPC1 patch, & enable bitsetting.
  4. Saved in box.
  5. Tried to flash. I d-loaded DVR flash- Opened it- was told free ver. requires d-loading adware. Clicked on install.
  6. Got flagged by Windows Live Care- problem adware- potential danger to system. Live One cleaned & quarantined adware.
  7. Tried to open flash utility- Box comes up, but “read” & “write” buttons are greyed out.

This is as far as I got last night. I did ck. burner using film with Clone & it made a nice bu.

Note: This pc took twice as long as the main computer. It has far less power in ram & processor. I figure that’s why it took 100% more time to complete. I also installed an 80 wire Ultra cable before installing the 112D.

Can you tell me what steps to take from here? I’m thinking I need to remove some of the files I listed above as some appear to be dups. I don’t know which ones to dump. Also, I don’t know which flasher I can get to work in this app. Thanks.

[QUOTE=chef;1973321]There is also a MCSE sticky thread…[/QUOTE]

Chef, After 21,000 posts all you will tell me is read more. If a person is lost or doesn’t “get it” is there any reason why you would not want to offer them the info they need to get past the sticking point? I have never been one to deny someone info if I had it & they needed it. I have taught 40 year old people the alphabet. I have worked one on one with kids who had severe reading difficulties. I like sharing what I know with those who are in need.

Define “Sticky”.

@ walker1,

I have to ask why do you always make a simple task so difficult?

DVRFlash v2.1 is NOT the correct executable “Flasher” file to use with Pioneer DVR-112 drives. The correct “Flasher” to use with Pioneer DVR-112D version 1.24 Firmware is the Upr12d.exe executable “Flasher” which is included in the Dvr-112d_fw124eu.exe package.

Make a Folder named Original v1.24 and take the Dvr-112d_fw124eu.exe file and the MCSE v1.1.0.13 tool and place it the Folder named Original v1.24 and unpack the files in the Original v1.24 Folder. Use the MCSE tool and apply the Increase Reap Speed/RPC-1/Enable Bitsetting patches to the A04813001.124 file. Use the MCSE tool and apply the “Allow Same to Same Flasher” patch to the Upr12D.exe executable “Flasher” file. In the Original v1.24 Folder you now have patched files named A0813001_speedpatch.124 and Upr12_speedpatch.exe

Now make another Folder named Patched v1.24 and copy the A0813001_speedpatch.124 and Upr12_speedpatch.exe files from the Original v1.24 Folder. In the Patched v1.24 Folder remove the “speedpatched” annotation from the A0813001_speedpatch.124 and Upr12_speedpatch.exe files and now you have files named A0813001.124 and Upr12.exe. Now use the UPR12.Exe and A0813001.124 files contained in the Patched v1.24 Folder to Flash your Pioneer-112D with version 1.24 Firmware.

If you follow the steps as outlined above you will end up with your Pioneer DVR-112D flashed with version 1.24 Rip Lock Removed, Region Free, and DVD+R Auto BitSetting Firmware.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;1973487]@ walker1,

I have to ask why do you always make a simple task so difficult?

DVRFlash v2.1 is NOT the correct executable “Flasher” file to use with Pioneer DVR-112 drives. The correct “Flasher” to use with Pioneer DVR-112D version 1.24 Firmware is the Upr12d.exe executable “Flasher” which is included in the Dvr-112d_fw124eu.exe package.

Make a Folder named Original v1.24 and take the Dvr-112d_fw124eu.exe file and the MCSE v1.1.0.13 tool and place it the Folder named Original v1.24 and unpack the files in the Original v1.24 Folder. Use the MCSE tool and apply the Increase Reap Speed/RPC-1/Enable Bitsetting patches to the A04813001.124 file. Use the MCSE tool and apply the “Allow Same to Same Flasher” patch to the Upr12D.exe executable “Flasher” file. In the Original v1.24 Folder you now have patched files named A0813001_speedpatch.124 and Upr12_speedpatch.exe

Now make another Folder named Patched v1.24 and copy the A0813001_speedpatch.124 and Upr12_speedpatch.exe files from the Original v1.24 Folder. In the Patched v1.24 Folder remove the “speedpatched” annotation from the A0813001_speedpatch.124 and Upr12_speedpatch.exe files and now you have files named A0813001.124 and Upr12.exe. Now use the UPR12.Exe and A0813001.124 files contained in the Patched v1.24 Folder to Flash your Pioneer-112D with version 1.24 Firmware.

If you follow the steps as outlined above you will end up with your Pioneer DVR-112D flashed with version 1.24 Rip Lock Removed, Region Free, and DVD+R Auto BitSetting Firmware.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Hi, NO, I’m not trying to make any task difficult, but I’m encountering error messages & I probably will be better off starting everything from scratch. There’s also no doubt in my mind that the 1st 112D in the other pc is has not been made to speed up.

I printed out directions from here. I can read well. If I keep getting error messages which I know nothing about I can’t follow any instructions. This pc keeps messing me up along with 7 zip.

I made the 2 folders & named them. I moved the 112D fw124eu.exe file & the MCSE 1.0.13 tool into the “Original vl.24” folder. When I went to extract them using 7 zip I think the MCSE file was OK as I got no error messages. However, when I tried to extract the UPR12.exe file I got the following:

1. A black box with the following message- UPGDVD hardware revision not matched. ODD firmware update utility ver. 2.55A. Start updating device #1. Hardware revision not matched. Current signal: general.
  2. While trying to open the MCSE.exe file I got this message from 7 zip- 0 can’t open file C:\original vl.24\MCSE.exe as archive.

Can you see why I’m not “getting” what is supposed to be so simple?

I have no idea what any of this is as I have never done any of it before.

I would really like to get both 112D units up to full speed, but I have no steps to follow to resolve the ongoing problems I am incurring. If this is so simple why can’t I just click & follow each step without any errors?

Perhaps I should have been a PC tech as I would know exactly what to do as I see problems. What are your thoughts? If you will direct me I will follow your instructions. :o

[QUOTE=walker1;1973450]Chef, After 21,000 posts all you will tell me is read more. If a person is lost or doesn’t “get it” is there any reason why you would not want to offer them the info they need to get past the sticking point? I have never been one to deny someone info if I had it & they needed it. I have taught 40 year old people the alphabet. I have worked one on one with kids who had severe reading difficulties. I like sharing what I know with those who are in need.

Define “Sticky”.[/QUOTE]

You should know what a sticky is for [B]and there is a MCSE sticky thread for a purpose…
[/B]

@ walker1,

Suggest deleting ALL those files you listed in your #4 posting and starting completely over with your Pioneer v1.24 Firmware flashing efforts.

Suggest using the WinRar v3.71 (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe) archival software program to unpack all your compressed archived files.

Please closely re-read my #6 posting. Nowhere was it stated to extract/unpack the UPR12.exe file.

Also nowhere was it stated to extract/unpack the MCSE.exe file.

Perhaps some other Forum Member will stop by and provide assistance to you because I cannot make patching the Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 Firmware with the MCSE tool and flashing your Pioneer DVR-112D with version 1.24 Firmware any simpler and straightforward than what I provided in my #6 posting.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;1973608] I cannot make patching the Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 Firmware with the MCSE tool and flashing your Pioneer DVR-112D with version 1.24 Firmware any simpler and straightforward than what I provided in my #6 posting.[/QUOTE]Indeed. Only one possible simplification: Just run the firmware executable file from Pioneer website. It will prompt where to extract the archive. The files can then be grabbed from there without any further treatment with packer software :wink:

Michael

[QUOTE=bjkg;1973608]@ walker1,

Suggest deleting ALL those files you listed in your #4 posting and starting completely over with your Pioneer v1.24 Firmware flashing efforts.

Suggest using the WinRar v3.71 (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe) archival software program to unpack all your compressed archived files.

Please closely re-read my #6 posting. Nowhere was it stated to extract/unpack the UPR12.exe file.
Also nowhere was it stated to extract/unpack the MCSE.exe file.

Perhaps some other Forum Member will stop by and provide assistance to you because I cannot make patching the Pioneer DVR-112D v1.24 Firmware with the MCSE tool and flashing your Pioneer DVR-112D with version 1.24 Firmware any simpler and straightforward than what I provided in my #6 posting.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

bjkg, Don’t worry- You give 100% effort and I like that. Thank you for getting me a little more educated in the CD Freaks forums. At least so far I eliminated 1 problem burner in my main PC and the 112D works quite well. It makes bups flawlessly. I have not had any “coasters”. PC # 2 is running the 112D smoothly even though it’s slower than it could be.

Also, If there’s a Board of Moderators and/or a committee that nominates CD Freaks members for patience it’s bjkg.

If you think of anything else PM me if you’d like.