Nec3500 and +RW bitsetting

It there a firmware that enables the bitsetting of dvd+rw?

Thanks.

Ciao.

None that I know of currently…

But I guess some firmware/assembler experts should be able to implement this into all newer firmwares that have support for bitsetting. I think that I’m even able to change the default booktype for several disctypes to a different value myself. So it should only be a few Bytes to change for making the original NEC firmware set DVD+R to DVD-ROM as a default :wink:

Wow! When you have managed to apply this hack to the 3500 firmware, will it also be possible for the 2500 firmwares? Or would that be completely different? :confused:

I didn’t talk about me! I barely managed to read some of the assembler functions that are used for bitsetting, but I don’t think I will be able to do this implementation myself.

There already IS a current firmware for the 2500 (2510 to be more precise) with support for bitsetting DVD+RWs. But those firmwares do not support the change of an already written disc. If you want to use this function, you must use a firmware that is derived from the HP420 or HP520 like Herrie’s 107v2b5.

Thanks Liggy, I’ll wait for a new fw :wink:

Ciao