Nec2510 + 16x media?

vbimport

hihi i’m wondering if anyone has tried burning some 16x media on their 2510. I have some tdk003 discs i got from Japan and with 2.18 firmware there is a write strategy available, but i’m not sure if this will work well or not.

I purchased these in a 10spindle, they’re white printable 16x +r’s. They cost 2499 Yen lol which is about $24 USD or ~$30 AUD. I’m not prepared to make any coasters heh.

[i’m guessing burning these on the 2510 is a bad idea but i’m interested in results if any1 else has already tried this or any other 16x media on their 2510]

Well… it should work OK… as the write strategy is present. So I don’t know why this should be a bad idea. =) However for that price I would also fear to write them. hehe

Some people experienced that the quality of the burn is poorer when you burn a disc far beneath its rated speed. So I’m interested to see your results. Which firmware will you be using?

Since your discs are in no way expensive, maybe you could test them at 8x, 6x, 4x, etc.? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Did 1 burn. I’m very pleased with the result :slight_smile: burnt with herrie 2.18 firmware for nec2510 @ 8x

The last 300 MB of the transfer rate test are a bit dissapointing, but the PIE/PIF’s look ok.