NEC2500 vs Pioneer106 vs LiteOn411s

vbimport

Abgm linked me to some Multisession burn quality comparsions on the same exact disc between the NEC2500/Pioneer106/LiteOn411.
(Test performed by GeoN)
The website is in Russian, so if you are not fluent, (I’m not!) just take a look at the Kprobe pics.

NEC2500a wins!!:iagree:
http://forum.ixbt.com/0031/019327.html

Originally posted by wesociety

NEC2500a wins!!:iagree:

Was that surprising? :wink:

Nice comparison!

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Was that surprising? :wink:

Nice comparison! [/B]

Not suprising for me, might be suprising for others :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe I should’ve posted this in the LiteOn forum…

Just anonther confirmation of something I already knew and found out by myself as well. :bigsmile:

LiteOn 811S died on me… :sad:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Was that surprising? :wink:

Nice comparison! [/B]

What about use this method for your drive comparison?
It will be nice to see for example Pioneer 107/NEC 2500 comparison.
This method is free off media quality fluctuation (disk to disk), and don’t need many burns for statistics.

Hi, GeoN ! Glad to see you here :slight_smile:

The main restriction of this method - use only a CLV-mode, i.e. 4x max burn speed.

Originally posted by abgm
The main restriction of this method - use only a CLV-mode, i.e. 4x max burn speed.

Hi, abgm!
CLV-mode only - yes, naturally.
4x max burn speed - no. There is no restriction for 6x/8x burn speed comparison for Z-CLV drives at the respective zone.

But, 6x/8x zones are too small for correct comparison, I think… :confused: It’s possible to try, of course. When I did 8x comparisons, I didn’t like results … :frowning:

I did not get much difference actually, beside the first session.

Shows how bad the Plextor PX-708A sucks :wink:

Here is the full scale image.

Wow thanks for running this test OC!
NEC2500A wins again! (no I’m not suprised):wink:

OC-Freak
This disk is completely readable or not? And what burns speed? 4x?

Originally posted by abgm
OC-Freak
This disk is completely readable or not? And what burns speed? 4x?

I’ve not tried to read it yet - but K-Probe scanned the full disc.

All sessions is written at 4x.

But PO level… Out of range, I think :wink:

But what about LiteOn 811 ??

It will be nice when(if) we can do one of these multisession tests on an 8x cerified disc with the current 8x writers.
Of course this means we have to wait for 8x firmware support for the newer 8x certified discs on for all the drives we want to test with…
I wonder which writer will win in terms of burn quality (again:p ) ?

I would rather have the 411S bit setting capabilities (plus the 411S@811S mod) then a slight improvement in write quality and crappy reading. I never plan on using garbage media so I’m not concerned in the least about crappy media comparisons.
So what if my avg PI/PO is 12/0.05 and the NEC is 6/.025 or something. I don’t think that makes any difference in the long run. Anything under 100/10 is a perfectly fine burn.
But hey, that’s my opinion :smiley:
Oh one last thing, isn’t firmware support for the NEC somewhat lacking as well?

sitting and waiting for the flames to start pouring in :stuck_out_tongue:

Well hello there Mr.Pro-Liteon :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m glad to hear that your 411 is working well.

Originally posted by Ssseth
I would rather have the 411S bit setting capabilities (plus the 411S@811S mod) then a slight improvement in write quality and crappy reading.

NEC2500A will have bitsetting eventually. I cannot stress the understatement you’ve made by using the words “slight improvement”… My 2500 far exceeds my 411s write quality and reliability.

Oh one last thing, isn’t firmware support for the NEC somewhat lacking as well?
sitting and waiting for the flames to start pouring in :stuck_out_tongue:

A new firmware will come. :smiley:
I’m not trying to flame, just stating my point of view.

All comparisons I’ve seen on good quality media are insignificant to me. Like I said, as long as it’s under 100/10 I would call that fine burn quality. With RitekG04 media as well as the Ricoh 4x DVD+RW I’ve used the numbers have even been way below that on my 411S(@811S).
Also, LiteOn has some great tools available to them (see my sig) that no other drive has.

Oh and I forgot to add that women really like dudes with LiteOn products!!! Beat that! :stuck_out_tongue:

My 411 has never been able to reliably write to a RICOHJPNR01. Many others have said they get great results from this media, so I’m thinking that my specific 411s is at the bottom of the 411 Quality Totem Pole.
Edit: This comment was somewhat of a joke. It is complete speculation, I do not believe that my 411 is ‘damaged’ in any way.

Also, LiteOn has some great tools available to them (see my sig) that no other drive has.

Definitely! Agree with you there.

Oh and I forgot to add that women really like dudes with LiteOn products!!! Beat that! :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm, not so sure I agree with you there :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: