NEC uPD720200a vs uPD720202 quick benchmark

vbimport

As I was short on USB3 ports, I decided to pick up a new USB3 card. My original NEC based card never gave any issue and also supports USB Attached SCSI, so I decided to go for a card with the newer 720202 chipset. This chipset appears to be the same as the uPD720201 apart from having 2 ports instead of 4.

Just for curiosity, I ran a quick test with my 32GB USB3 flash drive (a 7DayShop store own-brand) and my Samsung S2 Portable 3 1TB.

The following is a comparison on the USB3 flash drive, formatted in exFAT:

The following is a comparison on the HDD, formatted in NTFS and 61% filled:

Unfortunately, I don’t have a USB3 SSD to test, but based on the flash drive test, the newer chipset appears to perform better with random 4K operations. By looking at the HDD result, the newer chipset also appears to perform a little better with sequential write performance.

Both PCIe cards were connected to a PCIe x1 slot on my Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4 and tested in Windows 7 x64.

Thanks man, info that you gave here it helped me for buying pci card.

[QUOTE=Seán;2638798]As I was short on USB3 ports, I decided to pick up a new USB3 card. My original NEC based card never gave any issue and also supports USB Attached SCSI, so I decided to go for a card with the newer 720202 chipset. This chipset appears to be the same as the uPD720201 apart from having 2 ports instead of 4.

Just for curiosity, I ran a quick test with my 32GB USB3 flash drive (a 7DayShop store own-brand) and my Samsung S2 Portable 3 1TB.

The following is a comparison on the USB3 flash drive, formatted in exFAT:

The following is a comparison on the HDD, formatted in NTFS and 61% filled:

Unfortunately, I don’t have a USB3 SSD to test, but based on the flash drive test, the newer chipset appears to perform better with random 4K operations. By looking at the HDD result, the newer chipset also appears to perform a little better with sequential write performance.

Both PCIe cards were connected to a PCIe x1 slot on my Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4 and tested in Windows 7 x64.[/QUOTE]

How’s the driver and firmware on those - there should be an info utility.

And http://station-drivers.com/index.php/10-drivers/42-renesas-nec
Firmware and drivers - AND SCUMMY POPUPS!