NEC so good as Pioneer

vbimport

I remenber a dealer say to me"NEC is as good as Pioneer,is like to compare a BMW to a Mercedes,both are good"Today I bought a NEC AD7200 S drive ,so I am a proud owner :bow:
BTW,the dealer is right?Here Pioneer and Asus are expensiver,but I wonder if are overpriced!The Asus came in a box,with software,unlike NEC or LG or even Pioneer!
The drive is working well,but I would like to test it together with my LG GH20NS15 drive ,to see which is faster !I bet is NEC!

The AD-72xx series and the Pioneer DVR-115/215 are very good. The 72xx have the edge on burning quality on all media groups except for DVD DL, where the Pioneer has a slight edge, At least these are my findings on my drives.

AD-72xx series is also faster than the Pioneer drives.

My personal experience isn’t the same as Dee’s. I have the SATA version of both drives and find the Pioneer 215L gives slightly better burns than the 7200S on most media I’ve tried and with RichoJPN R03’s the 215L is better by a long shot as it is with all my drives.

O/T, which firmware are you using on your 7200S Dee?

in terms of durability and compatibility

No.

Ask how many user’s optiarc broke down after a few months of use

have two nec7170A, one has power calibration error, can no longer burn dvd.

You have some pesky dvds, feed it to pioneer, no problem, to optiarc,
can’t burn.

Besides pioneer reads better. faster,

I’ll never buy any optiarc again in my life.

A problem is most companies outsource computer hardware items like drives, and long-term you can’t be guaranteed a “good” company will remain good even two years down the line. The general public are not into burners as much as they are cars and plasma TV’s.

Guys,
I found this review.IT seems that NEC 7200 is a very good burner
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Optiarc-AD-7200A-DVD-Burner-Review

[QUOTE=nbaptista;2096473]Guys,
I found this review.IT seems that NEC 7200 is a very good burner
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Optiarc-AD-7200A-DVD-Burner-Review[/QUOTE]That’s Dee-27’s review :wink:

[QUOTE=Bob;2096475]That’s Dee-27’s review ;)[/QUOTE]
Yes,I know:clap: Great review,it seems that NEC 72xx drives are just great!

BTW,I get this drive for 22,50 Euros.Great price,no?

[QUOTE=nbaptista;2096520]BTW,I get this drive for 22,50 Euros.Great price,no?[/QUOTE]DVD writers have definitely become a commodity. Now I hope for a quick price reduction for BR drives. :slight_smile:

The 7200 can be had here for < 20 EUR (without shipping).

Due to some additional fees you hardly get them for less than 30 EUR in Germany. :frowning:

Here in Greece the 5200A starts at 19.50 EUR and the 7201S at 25.30 EUR, and these are good prices.

I paid CAD30.62 (tax included) for my 2nd 7200S last week. This works out to just under 20.00 EUR. And I believe it is still cheaper down in the States.

20 EURO is about 31.35 USD, so yes, it’s cheaper in the states, around 26 USD shipped.

I was hoping to find a 7203S at FNAC while in France for work, but doesn’t seem to have it in stock, can only be ordered online for about 25 EURO, which works out to be about 39 USD. It’s more than what I would normally pay, but perhaps I can get the tax back at the airport before going back.

7203S was delivered today, about 31 euro. Interesting/strange that it came with a Samsung S223Q installation disc, must be that hybrid LabelScribe/LightFlash function. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=KTL;2102482]7203S was delivered today, about 31 euro. Interesting/strange that it came with a Samsung S223Q installation disc, must be that hybrid LabelScribe/LightFlash function. :bigsmile:

[/QUOTE]

:eek::doh::bigsmile:

That’s one of the best things that i have ever seen :), hope you have fun with the new drive and lots of good burns.

Rather looks like the shop bundled the wrong disc with that drive.

The OEM AD-7200A is now $21.99 USD here in the states (NewEgg), with free shipping.

Thanks! I’m looking forward to testing/using it! Gonna try to power it up with a work desktop before flying home.

Indeed, but not a big deal, as there’s the free LF utility if I really want to use it.

Just nice to get a drive not available in the states from the local market.

The new pioneers 216 series seens to have the edge now over NEC.