Nec optiarc Model AD-7590A-01

ok i wanna get this drive for my laptop but i wanna if it supports bitsetting thanks

We probably cannot tell until someone has this drive and we find out whether it’s based on a NEC/Optiarc design or something else. With the 7190 being a rebadged LiteOn drive, I have a feeling that the 7590 could be a rebadged drive too.

ok if i buy this drive can i dump the firmware my self and then send it to you then liggy
are there tools available for me to do this

No and yes.

The current version of Binflash will probably not be able to dump the firmware of this drive. But it should be able to retrieve the information that I need to create a new version - capable of supporting this drive.

However this will only work if the drive is still based on a NEC chipset.

Liggy, I purchased the Optiarc AD-7590A from Newegg to replace an NEC ND-6650A. My laptop recognizes it but only as a CD-DVD ROM and not as a rewritable drive. Beside that, however, how do I dump the information you need to assess what chipset it has?

I order to find out if I can support the drive, please start Binflash. If the drive is similar to other drives, it should be listed in the drop down list and upon trying to flash or dump a firmware you should have the option to store an identification file instead. I would need the content of that file.

Liggy, here is an attachment of the identification file.

Optiarc AD_7590A_Identification.txt (1.27 KB)

Already received the file via mail. Thanks.

Supporting this drive in Binflash should be possible. I just need to find out which commands are used for flashing. But I’ll probably need a firmware first. I hope to get back to you tomorrow and let you know what the next steps are in order to add support for this drive in Binflash.

I own the firmware no 1.62 for aptiarc AD-7590A (it was provided with my new laptop packard bell) but I don’t know how to mod it (bitsetting) is anybody interested ?

I’m a newbie and I’ve purchased this drive. However, I cannot get my Toshiba Satellite 85-s107 to recognize. Can anyone help me?

[QUOTE=Liggy;1985848]Already received the file via mail. Thanks.

Supporting this drive in Binflash should be possible. I just need to find out which commands are used for flashing. But I’ll probably need a firmware first. I hope to get back to you tomorrow and let you know what the next steps are in order to add support for this drive in Binflash.[/QUOTE]

Liggy - I just realized that Optiarc released a new firmware for the 7590 drives (both PATA and SATA). When you get a chance, can you release the fast, rpc1 and bitsetting firmwares? Thanks!

[QUOTE=shankswyft;2151849]I’m a newbie and I’ve purchased this drive. However, I cannot get my Toshiba Satellite 85-s107 to recognize. Can anyone help me?[/QUOTE]

You are not alone:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/nec-ad-7590a-01-master-slave-238932/

Here’s another link for the ATA Change Tool from Liggy & Dee’s Website:
http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-7590A/

Here’s a tip from Liggy regarding which mode to pick (Inverse Cable Select):
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/sony-nec-optiarc-ad7593a-i-need-set-master-secondary-ide-channel-255204/

But in order for the tool to detect your drive, you will either need to:

• find another laptop to install the drive and run the tool from there
  • get a desktop-to-laptop IDE adapter, attach the drive to the Secondary IDE as a Master and run the tool on the desktop

[QUOTE=tqhoang;2151902]Liggy - I just realized that Optiarc released a new firmware for the 7590 drives (both PATA and SATA). When you get a chance, can you release the fast, rpc1 and bitsetting firmwares? Thanks![/QUOTE]
I already have several firmwares including those for 7590 on my PC at home that I intend to patch. However I don’t have much time for this currently due to some problems at work that require most of my time

@Liggy:
I just visited your website, looking for something to permanently, once and forever, get my Optiarc AD-7590A codefree/regionfree.

Unfortunately, I’m a bit of a beginner in this “business” and am not sure, which program/patch/piece of software I’d have to download and apply.

Maybe helpful, what TSST WIN INQUIRY (1.03.1) displayed about my drive:
DRIVE: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A 1.41
MODEL NAME: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A
VERSION: 1.41
OEM Code: De

Would you be so kind and tell me, in simple terms, how to proceed? Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Oh well… There seems to be no point waiting for an answer in this forum. Rather disillusioning…

Thanks, guys, for… uhhmmm… nothing?!

Use Binflash (Windows GUI is easiest), and burn either any of the Liggy AD-7590A firmwares…1.05 is the latest.

If you’re not sure from reading the FAQ on which firmware to burn (orig, fast, or RPC1), then just get the RPC1 firmware.

[QUOTE=Debonnaire;2182192]Oh well… There seems to be no point waiting for an answer in this forum. Rather disillusioning…

Thanks, guys, for… uhhmmm… nothing?![/QUOTE]

Have a little patience…people are busy with work and their personal lives…not to mention the holidays.

Thanks, tqhoang for your helpful reply!
So, appliying your method will rid my DVD-RW-drive from all region code restrictions permantently?

Re: “Being patient”: Of course, you’re right. I just simply hoped that more than a full month of “patience” from my side might get me an answer, from this alleged master mind of firmware hacking, Liggy. Well, I was wrong… :wink:

One more question, please: I backed up my original firmware with Binflash in order to flash with your suggested RPC1 version. Flashing with the RPC1 version, Binflash displayed an error message “Error submitting checksum” and then a stop message “Error flashing firmware.”

So, I first applied the Liggy’s AD-7590A Bitsetting Firmware 1.05, Orig version, which worked fine.

But even after applying the Orig version, flashing with the RPC1 version aborted with the same checksum error.

Do you have any suggestions for me, please?

I forgot to update the checksum on the 1.05BT fast and RPC1 firmwares after patching. Please try redownloading and flashing again.

[QUOTE=tqhoang;2151904]You are not alone:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/nec-ad-7590a-01-master-slave-238932/

Here’s another link for the ATA Change Tool from Liggy & Dee’s Website:

Here’s a tip from Liggy regarding which mode to pick (Inverse Cable Select):
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/sony-nec-optiarc-ad7593a-i-need-set-master-secondary-ide-channel-255204/

But in order for the tool to detect your drive, you will either need to:

• find another laptop to install the drive and run the tool from there
  • get a desktop-to-laptop IDE adapter, attach the drive to the Secondary IDE as a Master and run the tool on the desktop[/QUOTE]

Hi guys. There’s lots of great information on this site, and I was hoping to solve my problem with the info already out there. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with my laptop recognizing the 7590a-01 laptop drive on my Sager 4760 notebook. I have tried connecting the drive to a desktop via slimline-to-ide adapter, used the 590ATA change tool and tried each of the configurations. As a sidenote, to rule out the possibility that it was an internal hardware problem with my laptop, I installed a friend’s old Toshiba cd-rom drive, and my laptop instantly recognized it upon bootup. I was certain that by following the instructions for Toshiba laptops mentiond, I’d be able to resolve my problem, but no go. Any further information would be much appreciated. Tnx in advance.