Nec official fimware per NEC website

vbimport

I’m thinking of popping for a NEC 2500A, but I find it discouraging to see the following on NEC’s site: “We do not currently sell DVD/CD-RW drives directly to consumers and do not provide drivers or firmware for these drives. Please check with the vendor or OEM that you obtained the drive for support and updates”

???- So does that mean that there is no “official” firmware, that is anything goes? I can understand going with TDK and getting firmware updates from them, but what about the OEM folks that goto say newegg?

Originally posted by dvd4all
[B]I’m thinking of popping for a NEC 2500A, but I find it discouraging to see the following on NEC’s site: “We do not currently sell DVD/CD-RW drives directly to consumers and do not provide drivers or firmware for these drives. Please check with the vendor or OEM that you obtained the drive for support and updates”

???- So does that mean that there is no “official” firmware, that is anything goes? I can understand going with TDK and getting firmware updates from them, but what about the OEM folks that goto say newegg? [/B]

TDK and HP updates can be modified to be used on the NEC 2500A, still making your NEC 2500A to be recognised as a 2500A! This procedure doesn’t take more then just a few minutes for me :slight_smile:

Don’t be discouraged, Herries’ custom firmwares are much better than NEC official firmwares!:bigsmile:

Originally posted by wesociety
Don’t be discouraged, Herries’ custom firmwares are much better than NEC official firmwares!:bigsmile:

10-4! Thanks for the encouragment… :wink: