NEC ND3520 CRC errors and much more!

vbimport

Hello folks, I got a weird problem here and I really need HELP!

I got a NEC ND-3520A bought 1 year ago and I’m not getting to read DVD-Rs written by itself
In other words, it writes a DVD-R, and then it can’t read it correctly!!!

I tried two different medias and got the same result with both. With DVD-RW I didn’t have problems.

example:
I recorded this DVD without any errors on NERO, and while trying to copy its data to my HD, look:
D: emp>copy f:.
f:.\VIDEO_TS.IFO
f:.\VIDEO_TS.VOB
f:.\VIDEO_TS.BUP
f:.\VTS_01_0.IFO
f:.\VTS_01_0.VOB
f:.\VTS_01_1.VOB
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
f:.\VTS_01_2.VOB
5 file(s) copied.

If I get a pirate anime DVD bought in the middle of the street and try to copy it to my HD, look:
D: emp>copy F:.
F:.\VTS_01_5.VOB
F:.\VTS_01_4.VOB
F:.\VTS_01_3.VOB
F:.\VTS_01_2.VOB
F:.\VTS_01_1.VOB
F:.\VTS_01_0.VOB
F:.\VTS_01_0.IFO
F:.\VTS_01_0.BUP
F:.\VIDEO_TS.VOB
F:.\VIDEO_TS.IFO
F:.\VIDEO_TS.BUP
11 file(s) copied.

The first example is a DVD-R (which I recorded myself) and it plays ok on any dvdplayer (I can’t confirm if it’s 100%). I only have problemas to access it from my computer.

Also, I recorded the same movie on DVD-R (HP Invent 8x) and DVD-RW (Philips 4x) with no problems in the time of recording, but
when I tried to copy its data to my HD, the same thing happened: the DVD-R got CRC errors and the DVD-RW got copied successfully…

Sometimes it doesn’t even begin copying!!! but plays perfect on a dvdplayer, look:
F:.*
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
0 file(s) copied.

OR…

F:.*
The volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupt
ed.
0 file(s) copied.

Does anybody have a clue of what could be happening here? I’m really frustraded with this… do you think my DVD writter simply can’t read its own written DVD-R? or is it writting with errors and not noticing it?

PS.: I use NERO 7.0.1.2 and WinXPSP2 with IDE drivers from MS…
PS2.: this happens with default firmware or hacked ones…

If you use it for reading for 1 year, it might have dust inside and having difficulties in reading. And no drive can read the media it burned any better than it does with all other media.