NEC_ND2500A Problems

Hi everyone!

Ok here’s my problem:
I burn a Movie-DVD (with VOB files and all that stuff) put it in my Thomson DTH-226 player nad watch them… everything is fine… until the end of the movie… The last 10 minutes stop for about 10 seconds then jump a few seconds and stop again and so on…:confused: :confused: :confused:
Could someone tell me why that is???

Thx

L-B

Bad media is my guess.

It’s known that many brands of media have higher error rate at the end of the disc. Try burn with a different brand of media and see if that helps.

What firmware do you have. I had Herrie’s 107v2b5 and burned a Verbatim +R 8x @ 8 and the very beginning of the movie was like that. I was pissed since I just bought 50. Then I burned the same movie in my 2510 with firmware 2.16 and it worked fine once I used up all my Ritek G04 I then upgraded the 2500 to 2.16. Burns @ 8x with no problems in my standalone players. I only kept the 107 for the overburniing cap but now the 8x discs are fairly inexpensive so I see no need for that. Hope this helps.
Steve

Thx 4 the fast replies

Hm I never changed the firmware of my NEC… What firmware would you guys suggest and where do i Get it?

i would suggest to test herries 1.07v2b5dl firmware, you can find it on the end of the first post in this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=96333

Hm can I change the new Firmware back to the old one if it doesn’t work?

you can always go back, but i think you will really enjoy herrie´s fw its a great one

Actually, I prefer Herrie’s 2.16 (with RITEK +DL support), because it has the advatage of newer write strategies compared to 1.07. I would use 2.16 until Herrie releases his upcoming firmware, which will probably be based on 2.16.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD