NEC ND-6650A won't burn TDK DVD+R DL

Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum, I tried to look for answers, but couldn’t find any.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 which comes with a ND-6650A burner. I have previously burned TDK DVD+R DL successfully, with no errors, and now I just bought a new 25-pack set and it won’t burn any of them.

I am using the Sonic Roxio software that came with the laptop and the error I get is “there was an error burning the disc” when it starts burning it, it won’t burn not even the first 16 sectors.

I updated the firmware from 102c to 103d but still it doesn’t work.

Any help? I could try a different brand, but I’ve used TDK DVD+R DL before, I find it hard to believe that all the discs in my back are bad. Is there a newer firmware I could try?

Thanks,
Alexpro

Before you try another brand unistall your drive in the device manager and then restart your computer. Windows will reinstall automatically. Welcome to the forum too!

Well, I kind of did that… I updated the firmware and powered off the computer. Upon reboot windows redetected the dvd drive again…

Don’t put too much trust into that media, its probably even cheapo Ritek DL. :stuck_out_tongue: