NEC ND-6500A Firmware

Quick question:
Is there a firmware upgrade to the NEC ND-6500A burner that will allow “bitsetting”? I done quite a bit of searching but came uo empty on this particular drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Try this page for 6500 firmware with bitsetting.

Welcome to forum RollONTwo.

This site for bitsetting and much more. :smiley:

Take your time to read guides and read-me files.

It is great to be here:-)
I am sifting through the info. I can not really find anything that really tells me how I should proceed. I do however see lots of stuff on what not to do :slight_smile: Kinda scary stuff when I could hose my drive. I am very new to the DVD copying family. I do however have extensive knowledge in teh computer field just not this particular part of it.

Thanks for the information.

Usually you can’t damage anything if you’re using a firmware for your drive and the latest Binflash version.

There’s a short tutorial on flashing NEC Firmwares on Dee’s and my site too.

The only slightly dangerous thing is changing a slimline drive from master to slave or vice versa. If you’re still unsure, there’s a lot of stuff to read for you.

I think I have got it. I ran out of +R’s here at work so I will give it a shot as soon as I get home. Thanks all for the input and Liggy your site is great along with these forums