Ignoring price, any thoughts on which of these is best
- Mostly general purpose
- will be using mostly +RW & +R
- Some +RAM for backup
- some CD ripping/copying
- want it to be quiet-ish watching DVDs
- want something that can handle a wide variety of media
- expect decent support/fw updates as required
- be nice to know it's good at copying protected disks & media scanning
I've had a NEC DVD writer, and Liteon CDRW before. The NEC caused me some issues, but at the time DVD writing was new (it was a 1000A), wheras CDRW was known.
I note the liteon can only do DVD+R DL at 4x, whereas the NEC can do 8x, what else have I missed?
I think the liteon is looking better
(Also posted to liteon group... need to get both communities opinions!)