Post your NEC ND-3540A Stock (NEC) Firmware Media Results here. :slight_smile:

This batch is looking great! :iagree:

Media: YUDEN000-T02 (x2)
Batch No: TG001159
Brand: FujiFilm 8x DVD+R
Burn Speed(s): 8x/16x
Firmware: 1.01 (23.05.2005)

Verbatim 16X (MCC 03RG20), 16X burn selected speed
I don’t think the strategy of stock firmware is the best for this media (see PIE variation).
PIF figures are excellent, though, considering I performed the scan @16X.
!! The PIE spike is due to a scratch!!

MAXELL 8X +R (MXL 002) burned @8X

I don’t like the PIF total count, but good burn nonetheless

RIDISC PURPLE 4X (RITEK G04) Burned @4X

TDK -R 8X (TTG02) burned @8X - CD Speed create data disc

Ordered a 25-discs spindle of 8X -R TDKs, hoping to get TTH01.
Turned out to be TTG02. Definitly not the same quality.
Oh well, for the price they’re still great value so I don’t complain much…

And now for something different, that becomes quite rare on these forums:

CD burning quality!

1. DATAWRITE SILVER PRINTABLE (CMC 97m26s66f)
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1076840&postcount=62
(posted in the blank media testing section)

2. RIDISC PURPLE “AAA+” (pffff… :rolleyes: ) b[/b]

Tayio Yuden CDs and DVDs upcoming! :wink:

Verbatim dvd+rw 4x
This was one of my first scan with my nec 3540.
Average result :confused:
scan @ 8ecc

Above 2 scan of cd-r, but I don’t remember exactly which dye is used (TY or ritek)

Good results on FUJIFILM03
Datawrite grey branded
write 8x
Scan 8 ecc

(Unbranded) TAIYO YUDEN PRINTABLE CDR from SVP (they recently replaced these with full-face 52X printables)
burned @32X

Can’t ask for a better CD result. :cool:

@MisterT:
“Above 2 scan of cd-r, but I don’t remember exactly which dye is used (TY or ritek)”

Both RITEK and TAIYO YUDEN manufacturer names should appear on scans with recent CD Speed versions. You may still check the manufacturer by looking at the MID in the “disc info” tab (or menu item depending on your version), the alphanumeric will tell you the manufacturer with a simple google search :wink:

First is TY (Verbatim pastel) and the second is ritek “ridisc purple aaa+”

“the second is ritek “ridisc purple aaa+””

So you use these too? :bigsmile: - Burned about 100 of these purples. Actually for the price I think they’re rather good value for money.
But this “AAA+” thing is SO ridiculous :rolleyes: LOL

Hey why not upgrade your CD Speed? The last version is very nice with handy tabs.

I bought them at nierle.de but now im a svp only customer. It seem that e-net use most cmc disc now.

“It seem that e-net use most cmc disc now.”

Yeah… and CMC has really improved MUCH recently. As incredible as it sounds, they now manufacture some of the most reliable DVD-Rs http://cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=142231#142231 and their CDRs are not the crap they used to be :disagree:

It’s gonna take some time before people stop thinking CMC=CRAP, and maybe when they do, CMC will be crap again :bigsmile: LOL - it’s very difficult to adjust in this fast-changing media world :doh:

Here’s a Datawrite Silver Printable CD scan (burned @32X)

Quoting myself:
“Ordered a 25-discs spindle of 8X -R TDKs, hoping to get TTH01.”

How naive can you get ? :rolleyes: - just discovered what these TTH01 really were (technology + price !) :o

[off topic]
On this forum most people only swear on TY and Verbatim/MCC it’s impossible to make people (here) thinking that ritek or cmc can make decent discs.
For exemple most of my old cd-r are memorex and imation are made by CMC and still readable.

FujiFilm burned at 12x.

[off topic]

@Mister-T

“On this forum most people only swear on TY and Verbatim/MCC”
I do too actually :cool:
“it’s impossible to make people (here) thinking that ritek or cmc can make decent discs.”
Most moderators and advanced users that actually TRIED them do know that recent CMC stuff is quite decent :wink: - for Ritek, though, it’s another story, and more complicated. Part of Ritek’s bad reputation is righlty deserved, even if I think most users oversimplify the whole thing. I won’t discuss it here. I took an active part in discussions about G05s in the blank media section. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=1078643#post1078643