NEC ND-3530A to support 8x DVD+R DL?

vbimport

I just posted the article NEC ND-3530A to support 8x DVD+R DL?.

At
FCC.gov there has showed up information about a new NEC burner
(again). It has the model name ND-3530A and the most interesting about this
drive is that user manual shows support for 8x…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9718-NEC-ND-3530A-to-support-8x-DVDR-DL.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9718-NEC-ND-3530A-to-support-8x-DVDR-DL.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Ahh damnit not again… can’t we just have firmware upgrades instead?

Nice scoop Johnny! I heard about the 3530A while at CES. :B

Damn, we just barely got the 3520 on the shelfs before they send out a new drive. Couldnt they wait until the 3530 and jump over the 3520? :r

I agree. They probably could have released this 3530 now but chose to make some money out of a less spec’d drive before releasing another higher spec’d drive. I guess soon they will be reaching the techincal speed limits on all the formats and they won’t be able to release drives with any new speed improvements.

it was like in nd 2500 and nd-2510 :slight_smile: nothing new

Your right, but the 2500 could be flashed to a 2510. No extra investment needed.

I think NEC just want to be top of the market in terms of format support, and trying to be first to market with everything. Hence, why the constant releases. This is no bad thing (if you don’t HAVE to have the latest and greatest) and is basically what all the companies aim for. The situation is identical to CD-burners, and for that matter CD-readers; with very SLIGHTLY faster speeds be announced virtually every month. I guess they know they have to make their money now, since when the speed limits are reached (and we’re getting ever so closer) everybody will just buy the cheapest possible regardless of make.

The whole of the PC industry is like this now…oh, for the days of the 8- and 16-bit home computers (Spectrum, C64, Amiga, Atari ST) when there was only a new release when major changes happened. However, it also usually meant time to scrap your software/perpherial collection :c (just try to not get caught up having to have the latest of everything and you’re be fine).

Sign me up.

money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money moneymoney money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money moneymoney money money money u muppets :g

12x DVD9 read speeds? Hmm…

The question is, can the 3520 flashes to the 3530?

…pointless. Where is the media???

It has to be 3520 based, there is no chance NEC would develop 2 new chipsets and release a one given the R&D costs so soon after other.

What I think happened. NEC 3500 was a very good burner, so NEC decided to improve it with -DL recording, however this required whole new hardware, so they re-did it completely, however not very well, they realised the 3520 was poor, so have decided to bring out the 3530, hopefully with good burn quality. Ben :slight_smile: btw, A few weeks ago I had to choose between the 3500 and the 3520, I went for the 3500, and am glad I did :slight_smile:

I SO agree!!! Where’s the damn media??? Here in Romania I couldn’t get a simple DVD+R DL disc without having to travel 300 miles to the country capital, and the prices are HUGE. Yes, it’s pointless…