I’ve burnt a DVD-R with some files. ISO, standard settings, max speed, using a Verbatim DVD-R 8x using my NEC ND-3520A. At first I’ve used K3b under Linux, using NEC firmware 3.04. The burn process was ok, verified by the software, perfectly readable by my 3520. But in my CD/DVD reader (a NEC DV-5700) the disc is unreadable. Then I tried the firmware Liggy&Dee 1.UF, under Windows 2000 with the latest Nero, same files, same settings, 8X. Burn process ok, verified, perfectly readable by the 3520, unreadable by the reader (Windows says something like “invalid function” or “function not supported”).
Thanks for your help