Nec nd 3500ag which firmware to choose?

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-3500A / ND-3500AG. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I need help choosing the firmware for my dvd burner.
It came with firmware version 2.18 and i couldn’t use the nero cd-dvd speed disc quality test with that firmware.
I flashed to original nec 2.R8 and i could use nero disc quality test.
After that I flashed it to original nec 2.1B which enabled me to write Ritek f16 dvd+r at 16x (with older firmwares i could burn it at 4x and they r declared at 16x) but i couldn’t test the quality in nero anymore.
So, is there a firmware that combines the two functions, testing disc quality and burning Ritek f16 at 16x :bigsmile:

Thanks for reading this :iagree:

[QUOTE=someusername;2207963][qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-3500A / ND-3500AG. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I need help choosing the firmware for my dvd burner.
It came with firmware version 2.18 and i couldn’t use the nero cd-dvd speed disc quality test with that firmware.
I flashed to original nec 2.R8 and i could use nero disc quality test.
After that I flashed it to original nec 2.1B which enabled me to write Ritek f16 dvd+r at 16x (with older firmwares i could burn it at 4x and they r declared at 16x) but i couldn’t test the quality in nero anymore.
[B]So, is there a firmware that combines the two functions, testing disc quality and burning Ritek f16 at 16x[/B] :bigsmile:

Thanks for reading this :iagree:[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

No 2.R8 that is the only known f/w for scanning with that drive that i am aware of.

thanks bob!

Great older burner though. I have one too but it’s not installed right now.