NEC ND 2510a & Nero Verification Failure

vbimport

I have a huge problem. All the CDs and DVDs I write with my NEC ND-2510 using Nero 6.6.x fail ad different points when trying to verify written data. I am usign the original firmware, and nothing special is applied to my PC (it’s 1.1GHs Duron with Gigabyte K7ZT mb). Is this problem caused by the drive itself or by some hardware incombatility ? First I thought that the problem is in the CDs, but since I tried a lot of types - from Traxdata to Verbatim & Memorex, from cd-r to dvd+rw - I cleared that doubt out.

Please advice me what to do.

-Defragment your drive
-Make sure DMA is enabled
-Update to latest nero
-Try Herries firmware www.herrie.org
-Try uninstalling all of nero and its components, and use the nero clean tool, then install just the latest version of nero burning rom.
-Buy better meida (made in japan).

Edit: Limit your burn speed for DVD’s to 4x, and 16x on CD’s.

you should be checking in the nero forum. this is a known nero issue. if you really want to verify data use a file compare tool like windiff (windows) or fc in unix

and please SEARCH in the future there are only about a thousand VERIFY FAILS threads that all have the same answer

No, the problem go to be somewhere in the hardware – i have a HP nx9005 laptop, with the same version of nero(6.6.0.8) and winxp (both machines have all the latest updates applied).

The cdrw/dvd combo on the laptop writes and verifies the cds with no problem, but the desktop PC fails at verification.

I did searched the forums, but all the threads were blaming the software - none of them stated hardware problems.

one last thing, that I forgot to mention - i did used windiff to verify the witten data - and it wasn’t the same as the source.

Its going to be software not harware.

Don’t multitask when burning and disconect you internet connection while burning.

You can’t be serious ?! Although I did tried running Nero as a single task, the multitasking or the internet got nothing to do with writing CDs!!

The burn can go bad if you tinker with windows and cause things to “lockup” or the CPU load to hit 100%.