NEC ND-2500A not recognized by Roxio Easy CD Creator

Hi Guys,

I just got NEC ND-2500A from Newegg.com and installed it on my Dell Dimension (2.0G 512MB). I have had an Hitachi DVD Rom and a Goldstar CD-RW before, so now I have to remove one of them to make vacancy for the new DVD-RW drive.

Well, I have trouble with the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10 that comes with the machine.

1. It won’t recognize the NEC drive as a DVD burner. It keeps saying “No Supported DVD-Recorders were detected on your system.” It does recognize it as a regular CD burner, though. This happens no matter which drive I keep, the Hitachi DVD-ROM or Goldstar CD-RW.

2. When the NEC DVD burner and the Goldstar CD-RW are both installed, it only write to one of them. It seems that it won’t let me select which one to write to.

3. I just ordered the Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.1 (OEM Basic) from Newegg. I am wondering if it can fix the (1) or (2) or neither? Will that allow me to download my DV from CamCorder and burn it to DVD? I do not need fancy footage. Just something puts them all together.

Thanks.

yea sure i think once you upgrade roxio it should fix all your probs…
but why not use nero, :iagree: it so much better than roxio

Hi GusTheCat.

You need to update the drive-list in ECDC 5.3.5.10 with the file driveup5.3.5t.exe on the Roxio.com site.

It’s on This Page on the right side in Step 4.

I have used the Nec 2500a with ECDC 5.3.5.10 Basic without problems.

It’s a very easy program to use.

HTH.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. You really Pin-Pointed my problem. Yes, I just burned a data DVD successfully with the ND-2500A and ECDC Basic. However, more issues:

1. The disk can be read by the ND-2500A (of course) and my school Sony DW-U10A DVD-RW, but it cannot be read by Toshiba DVD player nor my Hitachi GD-5000 DVD-ROM. Anything I should look to?

2. I wrote another session on the same disk successfully, but only the old files are shown, the new files are not visible nor accessible (yes, I have been warned by ECDC). Is this typical?

Thanks much.

1. Did you burn the video in DVD compliant format?
    What is the MID code of the discs that are you using?

2. Many people have trouble accessing multiple session segments in Windows on a multisession disc.
    Here is the not-very-detailed Roxio document on multisession recording:
    http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/ecddvdc/ee6000051.jhtml

Yes, I have been warned and followed the above, though, ECDC Basic has no “finalizing cd” option. More details:

The above CD was burnt with NEC ND-2500A OK, but it cannot be read by Hitachi GD-5000 dvd-rom at all. It is read by Sony DW-U10A DVD-RW, and written a 2nd session. The 2nd session cannot be displayed in the Sony drive (only the 1st session written with NEC drive is displayed), but the NEC drive can display all sessions. As confusing as it seems!

I burnt another DVD-video disk on Newegg (in fact relabeled RiData) disk using Ulead and NEC ND-2500A. It is barely played in my Toshiba SD-1800 DVD player (lousy menu system), but it is not recognized by the Hitachi GD-5000 drive at all.

My target (question) is:

• Burn disks that can be read by Hitachi GD-5000 DVD-ROM and hopefully all DVD-ROMs, including multisession ones. Do I need a firmware upgrade on the Hitachi GD-5000 DVD-ROM? On NEC ND-2500A burner? Any hints appreciated.

Sorry guys and dolls, I think a new title is more appropriate.

Using RiData 4x DVD-R: D2-26L 19402185 231B02, burnt a data DVD with NEC ND-2500A OK, but it cannot be read by Hitachi GD-5000 dvd-rom at all. It is read by Sony DW-U10A DVD-RW, and written a 2nd session. The 2nd session cannot be displayed in the Sony drive (only the 1st session written with NEC drive is displayed), but the NEC drive can display all sessions. As confusing as it seems!

I burnt another DVD-video disk on Newegg (in fact a relabeled RiData) disk using Ulead and NEC ND-2500A. It is barely played in my Toshiba SD-1800 DVD player (lousy menu system thanks to Ulead, no offense), but it is not recognized by the Hitachi GD-5000 drive at all.

My target (question) is:

• Burn disks that can be read by Hitachi GD-5000 DVD-ROM and hopefully all DVD-ROMs, including multisession ones. Do I need a firmware upgrade on the Hitachi GD-5000 DVD-ROM? On NEC ND-2500A burner? Both? Any hints appreciated.

Cross posting/duplicate posting is not allowed.
Yes it’s possible that a firmware update is needed on the Hitachi DVD-ROM to increase its’ read capabilities.
Check http://rpc1.org for fw updates.