NEC ND-2500A burn quality scans

I have a hunch that other proud new owners of this drive will also want to do some bragging, so this is the place to do it.

I’ll start with everybody’s favorite,

Ricoh JPNR-01, Memorex DVD+R 4x
The NEC burns this media at 6x, total time is 10:28
Scanned at 4x, ECCsum-8

TY G01 DVD-R (Fuji 4x)

Burned at 8x, total time = 9:18
BTW, the burner cruises at about 8.3x speed, approx 11,500kb/sec.
Scanned at 4x, ECC Sum-8

This DVD-R also plays very well in my movie player. Are you listening LiteOn?

Looks like some good quality burns. This writer seems to be at the top of the list in terms of write quality. I wonder if the Pioneer will have equal or better writing?

Time will tell, but every good burner will have some advantages on one media type or another. The thing here is that these discs are better, much better, than pressed DVDs for readability. More scans are en route.

CMCMAG.AF1 DVD-R 4x (Memorex 4x)

Burned at 4x. total time was 13:38
Scanned at 4x, ECC sum-8

CMC DVD-R 2x (Verbatim Datalife 2x)

Burned at 2x, scanned at 4x ECC sum-8

Ricoh JPNR-00 DVD+R (Fuji 2.4x)

burned at 2.4x
scanned at 4x ECC sum-8

wow those are some nice scans! what does that drive retail at?

CMC MAG R01 2.4x (Verbatim Datalife DVD+R)

Burned at 2.4x
Scanned at 4x ECC sum-8

Originally posted by siliconsoul
wow those are some nice scans! what does that drive retail at?

Newegg, $127 shipped. :bigsmile:

now im wondering if you even want to go here… would you say that it burns better than the current liteon dvd burners?

now im wondering if you even want to go here… would you say that it burns better than the current liteon dvd burners?

Not even in the same class. It is slower though on current “8x capable” media. Will check CDR/RW in a day or so.
But which of my drives will I be burning DVD on from now on? :wink:

MCC 002 DVD+R 4x (Verbatim Digital Movie DVD+R)

Burned at 4x
Scanned at 4x, ECC sum-8

yeah… which drive will you be burning with from now on?

does this NEC do bitsetting?

does this NEC do bitsetting?

Not at this time, although Nero thinks it does.

:eek: Those are some AWESOME scans,RD!

Those are nice. Now that I sold my Plextor that my be the next drive on my wish list.

Hmmm it seems to me that the ND2500a is quite a nice drive. I’m thinking about throwing out a drive (just can’t decide what drive that’ll be) and get me a 2500a. I think I’ll just wait a little to see if anybody (Herrie, are you listening?;)) is going to patch the firmeware to raise the ripspeed and ofcourse, booktype bitsetting… :wink:

Anyhow, I’m quite impressed, as the results of the burn seem to be better than those from the 1300a. Good work NEC :slight_smile:

If someone is interested in seeing scans from more disc types, just read page 6 and page 7 of my review.

Yes the write quality is perfect, even on low quality discs like lead data and princo!

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Not even in the same class. It is slower though on current “8x capable” media. Will check CDR/RW in a day or so.
But which of my drives will I be burning DVD on from now on? :wink:

Huh? What do you mean not even in the same class?