NEC ND-2100AD 8X DVD+RW how to rollback to firmware 103D?

vbimport

Dell Deminsion 4600 PC

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downl…2&fileid=120797

NEC ND-2100A HH 8X DVD+RW, Firmware, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Multi System, v.106F(WIN), A02-1
28-01-2005
Wondows based Flash Utility to update NEC HH 8X DVD+RW ND-2100A

My DVD+RW Drive was totally dead so i try to update the firmware to my Nec my that made the problem even worst after the pc reboote it make the monitor screen black but when i press control>alt>delete i get the windows login page type my password but is it possible to rollback to my old nec firmware call 103D? the new is 106F it is for sure giving my pc problems and it have not help to solve my problem my nec drive is still dead? it also seems that it is for the NEC ND-2100A HH 8X DVD+RW and mine is a NEC ND-2100AD 8X DVD+RW ? Please help me rollback the firmware?

Your drive is dead.
You can do nothing except using it as doorstop!

This is my only PC at the moment

If dell will not replace the NEC ND-2100AD 8X DVD+RW what brand and model will you recommend me to buy if i want the best and neweste?

Dell Demesion 4600 P4 2.66GHz/512k (533FSB)
200GB IDE (7,200rpm) Hard Drive
128MB DDR NVidia GeForce FX5200
512MB DDR333 Dual Channal Memory (2x256)
Altec Lansing European 745 (dell version)

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
DVD-Audio : The Only PC solution to enable the advanced resolution tm era of 24bit music fildelity with 192kHz in stero and 96kHz in 5.1 ,2. 106dB SNR: The best Sound Blster clarity ever,rivalling home-cinema audio quality for music.games,and movies,3. 6.1 Surround Sound:
Experience superiormulti-channel audio from MP3s,CDs, sD games and Dolby Digital EX movies with a rear centre speeker, 4. Creative MediaSource tm Player: THe most exciting features yet with library search, automatic playlist volume matching and hiss removal for MP3s, 5. Audigy 2 Chip & EAX Advanced HD The ultimate platform for delivering unparalleledaudio realism from the hottest gaming titles and pure 24bit/96kHz recording to capture subtle details in your audio creation.

“24-bit/192kHz DVD-Audio with pure 106dB SNR for Playback,Recording and 6.1 Surround Gamimg” “Sound Blaster 24-bit Advanced HD”

I have no idea how your drive “went totally dead”. How did this happen??

The first thing was i was not able to burn dvd image with Alcohol 120% because the app toll me that i shut put a blank dvd into the drive but the dvd was blank tthe next thing was when i reboote into F12 for reinstallation of xp it was not able to start that process it just reboote again it startede windows up as normal when i try to play a music cd and so on.

That way it most likely cannot just die.

Have you tried it in another computer??

No and i dont think it a good ide to try to do that anyway this is my only pc so i dont have that option but i still have a vaild Onsite Next Business day warranty so i think dell will replace the NEC ND-2100AD 8X DVD+RW with a new one.

Only if you have luck. When they find out that you have flashed it with a not suitable firmware …
Flashing your drive is at your own risk.

the only one i have use it this one NEC ND-2100A HH 8X DVD+RW

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=dk&l=da&s=gen&releaseid=R92733&SystemID=DIM_P4_4600&os=WW1&osl=EN&deviceid=5797&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=2&formatcnt=1&libid=32&fileid=120797

NEC ND-2100A HH 8X DVD+RW, Firmware, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Multi System, v.106F(WIN), A02-1
28-01-2005 Wondows based Flash Utility to update NEC HH 8X DVD+RW ND-2100A

Doesn’t make a difference WHAT update and how do you use it - it’s always at your own risk.

You should contact DELL.

Can’t see the problem here, but if you like to flash the drive with 103D firmware just visit The Dangerous Brothers.

Yes i will contact DELL tomorrow but oure easter first ended today and i have being gone most of day first being back now thank you to everybody for your help.

Thank you all for your help dell was her this morning to replace the drive they replace it with the same one as the old a NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD so it works now.