Nec firmware updates

I recently flashed my nec-3540a drive to the 1f1 NEC badged firmware, seems to work fine, ripping speeds are much better… I just tried to write a 16x dvd and I could only get a 12x write speed? What brings me to this question, is I also flashed my nec-6650a laptop drive with liggy’s 1.62 firmware and now my 8x discs burn at 6x. I beleive i flashed with the latest firmware for both drives, would I benefit from stepping back to a more stable flash? In both cases I am happy with the ripping speed increase, but would rather not give up the burn speed. Any suggestions are apreciated.

LB

On the LiggyDee firmware page or Scorpiosoft’s firmware page, you can find many firmwares that have only been modified by Liggy for removing riplock, rpc1 and bitsetting, without touching the write strategies. So if you flash one of these firmwares, you get an original NEC firmware with only the additions you need.

Well funny thing happened, I used the speed code modifier proggy stuck above, to read the firmware I flashed to and the firmware I had flashed from… as it turns out the new firmware was NOT downgraded, and come to think about it… I was using different 16x discs when my 6650 was burning at 8x. Thanks for response.

LB