NEC DVD RW ND 2510A problems

Hi Guys,
I have a NEC DVD/RW ND-2510A burner and its allways burnt ok absolutely no problems in XP. I upgraded ??? (use the term loosely) to Vista.

I can now burn CD-R’s and DVD’s but I bought a new pack of Memorex DVD-R Discs x16 speed and my system simply refuses to use them.

In Cute CD DVD Burner V3.9 I get the message, in red ink :

Write/Burn CD(DVD) process done with error
WRITER ERROR [ILLEGAL REQUEST (CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM-INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT)]

I tried all the burning speeds from low to high.

So any of you clever guys got any ideas?

I wont go into the problems I am having with Vista… yet :cool:

[QUOTE=FrankC1;1949204]Hi Guys,
I have a NEC DVD/RW ND-2510A burner and its allways burnt ok absolutely no problems in XP. I upgraded ??? (use the term loosely) to Vista.

I can now burn CD-R’s and DVD’s but I bought a new pack of Memorex DVD-R Discs x16 speed and my system simply refuses to use them.

In Cute CD DVD Burner V3.9 I get the message, in red ink :

Write/Burn CD(DVD) process done with error
WRITER ERROR [ILLEGAL REQUEST (CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM-INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT)]

So any of you clever guys got any ideas?

I wont go into the problems I am having with Vista… yet :cool:[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

Not sure what your location is but you need to find some compatable media like Tayio Yuden or Verbatim brand blanks. The media code could be anything with Memorex plus your firmware doesn’t recognize those discs. You might be able to upgrade your firmware but most all 2510 f/w’s are old.

To put it in other words your 2510 is an 8X burner and you probably have 16X blanks. The firmware doesn’t know how to burn those discs.

Edit:
If your in the USA Rima.com has 8X Tayio Yudens. They will burn great in that burner.

Thanks for the fast reply. I am in England.

I do have 16x blanks but I would have thought it was burning [I]up to [/I]16X speed? In other words cant you burn a 16x disc at say 8X?

As for Tayion Yuden or Verbatim never heard of them :slight_smile:

As I said thanks for the quick reply.

Almost forgot to ask, where can I download the latest Firmware for the 2510A ?

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=FrankC1;1949226]Thanks for the fast reply. I am in England.

I do have 16x blanks but I would have thought it was burning [I]up to [/I]16X speed? [B]In other words cant you burn a 16x disc at say 8X?[/B]

As I said thanks for the quick reply.[/QUOTE]Yes burners will do that but the firmware has to know what the media code is for the blank and in this case your 2510 cannot.

Only thing to do is find some blanks that are compatible with your firmware or buy a newer drive.

Memorex are basically crappy anyway.

This drive is old.

I would invest 30 bucks into a new burner.

[QUOTE=FrankC1;1949226]Thanks for the fast reply. I am in England.

I do have 16x blanks but I would have thought it was burning [I]up to [/I]16X speed? In other words cant you burn a 16x disc at say 8X?

As I said thanks for the quick reply.

Almost forgot to ask, where can I download the latest Firmware for the 2510A ?

:)[/QUOTE]
I use liggy’s nec 2510 bitseting firmware 2.19 and it works great for me!

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-2500A/

[QUOTE=Donewell;1949787]I use liggy’s nec 2510 bitseting firmware 2.19 and it works great for me!

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-2500A/[/QUOTE]Thanks he added that question after i posted.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1949989]Thanks he added that question after i posted.[/QUOTE]

I did upgrade the firmware from 2.15 to 2.19 still does not work.

Is there a higher upgrade to firmware than 2.19?

Does it mean no 16X discs will work for me?

Thanks for all the fast replies by the way.:clap:

[QUOTE=FrankC1;1950469]I did upgrade the firmware from 2.15 to 2.19 still does not work.

Is there a higher upgrade to firmware than 2.19?

Does it mean no 16X discs will work for me?

Thanks for all the fast replies by the way.:clap:[/QUOTE]

I got exact same issue, tried the firmware, didnt solve the problem.

“NEC DVD RW ND-2510A” Firmware 2.96 (and tried the Orig. 2.19) using Memorex 16x DVD-R disks.

First this thread is 2 years old and your drive is 4 to 5 years old so its time for a new drive or use verbatim media.

[QUOTE=Johnston;2277092]I got exact same issue, tried the firmware, didnt solve the problem.

“NEC DVD RW ND-2510A” Firmware 2.96 (and tried the Orig. 2.19) using Memorex 16x DVD-R disks.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 2510a nec burners, in one computer i am running liggy’s 2510 bitsetting 2.19
and in the other computer it runs on mad dog 2510 oem 2.f.9
and i burn verbatim x16’s at 8x with no problems on either one

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-2500A/

My ND-2510A stopped writing under Windows 7, but a firmware upgrade from 2.15 to liggy’s 2.19 fixed everything - Thank you CDF!