NEC DVD RW ND-2510A not working anymore

vbimport

Hi,

I have a NEC DVD RW ND-2510A drive. Lately it has not been working for me. Some failure to start burning. And most importantly it’s not reading data on CD’s that I stick in the drive.

Do I have to update the firmware? I haven’t upgraded the firmware on this drive since I got the computer 3 years ago.

I have never upgraded firmware before and am completely new to it. Anyone know what I should do? I wouldn’t mind learning how to update the firmware.

Thanks.

Updating the firmware will do nothing good!

Try to clean the drive, either with air can spray or isopropanol and a qtip.

[QUOTE=chef;1994715]Updating the firmware will do nothing good!

Try to clean the drive, either with air can spray or isopropanol and a qtip.[/QUOTE]

I had just updated the firmware before I seen this post. Did I do any harm to the drive by updating the firmware?

I’ll do that next… clean the drive. I’ll post back here with the results. Thanks.

I just tried it but it still doesn’t work. Every time I put in data dvd cd’s my comp freezes. The explorer won’t let me see what’s on the cd. Untill I press the eject button on the cd drive and the explorer unfreezes.

Try to boot from a CD or DVD or test the burner inanother computer…or replace the ide cable. :wink:

I’ll try that. Thanks.

how did you update your firmware.ihave a nec dvd RW(ND-2510a) too but lately it doesnt regognizes the DVD disks

[QUOTE=Tasosxatzi;2579194]how did you update your firmware.ihave a nec dvd RW(ND-2510a) too but lately it doesnt regognizes the DVD disks[/QUOTE]

I advise you to folow the other mentioned suggestions first.