NEC DVD+RW ND-1100a drive cannot write to dvd-r :(

vbimport

Hi, I am trying to burn a data dvd but my dvd-r media is not recognized by my NEC DVD+RW ND-1100a drive (firmware version F501). So after searching for ages, am I wrong in thinking that downloading some firmware could allow me to write to dvd-r? I have read many posts, but still am unclear as to whether or not a fix is available. Any help would be much appreciated.

This is a DVD+R/RW ONLY burner.

Read the specs.

http://etna.rpc1.org/nec/nec1100%20to%201300.html

NOT RECOMMENDED - this is a hack of limited success… given the current price of something better, it’s really not work risking drive and coasters!

By most accounts, the “real” 1300 was also not a great performer on -R

I tried to do this on my 1100a with modified firmware. Not my most clever move, meaning I had no success at all. Apparently it might write to one or two media types but it just isn’t worth the effort.
I absolutely agree with Matth on this.
With good +r/-r writers available at incredibly low prices invest in a new one and get 8x plus write speeds and greater media compatibility.

Hi I have same problem CAN record on cd r/rw disks CANNOT record on to New dvd disks You can help?Can it be media player10 or SP2 that is causing problem?
Thanks
Lee Paris

Use recommended media by NEC.