NEC DVD-RW Drive help

i bought an NEC drive a few years back and it has been working great for me, it was currently in it’s 1.06 firmware and working nicely, out of no where doing my normal dvd thing, and various other things started to crash my computer(like backing up important movies, or even playing game). i found out my dvd drive had a firmware update to 1.07, so i updated, and it didnt fix a thing, i soon found out the problem was my mobo had an automatic overclock feature, turned it off, and everything was peachy…accept backing up my movies, i’d go about it the normal way (DVDfab Decrypter and DVDshrink 3.2) they would burn succesfully, but i could watch them on my computer, but in my xbox360, home dvd player, OR my ps2(which has ALWAYS run any dvd) shows up as an unreadable disk. i suspect that it could be the firmware update i did, having something to cause it but im not entirly sure.

for refrence my drives model number is

ND-3550A

i looked on the NEC site for an older firmware and all they had was 1.07, and i really wouldnt have a clue on how to do a rollback. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

go to site
http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-3550A/

download the original files you want.

and flash it.

[QUOTE=Selic;1967652]i bought an NEC drive a few years back and it has been working great for me, it was currently in it’s 1.06 firmware and working nicely, out of no where doing my normal dvd thing, and various other things started to crash my computer(like backing up important movies, or even playing game). i found out my dvd drive had a firmware update to 1.07, so i updated, and it didnt fix a thing, i soon found out the problem was my mobo had an automatic overclock feature, turned it off, and everything was peachy…accept backing up my movies, i’d go about it the normal way (DVDfab Decrypter and DVDshrink 3.2) they would burn succesfully, but i could watch them on my computer, but in my xbox360, home dvd player, OR my ps2(which has ALWAYS run any dvd) shows up as an unreadable disk. i suspect that it could be the firmware update i did, having something to cause it but im not entirly sure.

for refrence my drives model number is

ND-3550A

i looked on the NEC site for an older firmware and all they had was 1.07, and i really wouldnt have a clue on how to do a rollback. Any help or advice would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I suspect cheap media first.
If you don’t use Verbatim dvd media yet, buy and test with them.

Also the backup/burning tool could be crapped/buggy.

i use TDK which have always worked for my dvds, i have verbatim i use for other things, so i should test it.

i will go and get the old firmwar to test that aswell, as for the bugged software, i dunno exactly what i’d have to do to fix that, it could be a bugged out nero since dvd shrink uses that to burn.

wouldnt let me edit, sorry for double posts.

not sure which one it was but it’s fixed, be it the verbatims, or the reinstallation of nero 7, it’s working now. thanks for the help.