NEC DVD RW corrupted registry entry

Howdy,

I haven’t used my DVD player for some time and have just discovered it doesn’t work. Device manager suggests possible registry corruption has taken place, device will not play nice.

NEC_DVD_RW ND-3520AW

Need help in restoring or fixing registry settings or removing device and refinding via Device Manager. And of course I apparently can not find my original system disks.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howdy,

I haven’t used my DVD player for some time and have just discovered it doesn’t work.
Device manager suggests possible registry corruption has taken place.

Device: NEC_DVD_RW ND-3520AW
System: Gateway 510s x86 with WinXP SP3 Home Ed. with IE8.

Need help in restoring or fixing registry settings or removing device and refinding via Device Manager.
And (of course) I apparently can not find my original system disks.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone know where I can find a driver for this device? I’ve been all over the web and have come up short. I even tried NEC but could not figure where their diver download section was. They only had enterprise and commercial stuff available, not optical/DVD device drivers available for download.
Thanks

Can anybody recommend a site for downloading NEC optical/DVD device drivers?
I’ve tried quite a few with no luck so far. I even tried NEC themselves but could find nothing on their site about downloading device drivers. Only enterprise and commercial stuff.
Thanks

Hi! Start check disk. Check your computer for viruses. You do not need specific driver for your DVD-RW drive. You can try delete DVDRW in device manager and restart computer. That’s might help.

Welcome to myce aka CDFreaks. :slight_smile:

No CD/ DVD or BD burner ever corrupted the registry. Please ask mr. “windoze” Gates for a sollution… :smiley:

Okey, start with reading “posting guides” above. [My thanks to [I]code65536[/I].]
Link to Nero Infotool doesn’t work there, but I’ll give you a working link.
Post the infotool output in a # (code) wrap

BTW, no need to start new threads any other day. :cop:

@VernonDale
Please try this automatic FixIt solution (scroll down a bit): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116/en-us

threads merged

Sorry I didn’t realize I was starting a new thread each time, thought I was replying to the same place, but I’ve been tired the past week working on this and other problems.

[QUOTE=VernonDale;2688520]Sorry I didn’t realize I was starting a new thread each time, thought I was replying to the same place, but I’ve been tired the past week working on this and other problems.[/QUOTE]

It’s no problem now. :slight_smile: We just want to make sure no one gets confused. :iagree:

OK, everyone,

I finally got it working. I uninstalled the device and let XP find it again and reloaded with proper driver. It works, so for now I’m happy. If anything else occurs I’ll just open a new thread with a new perhaps different problem.
Bye for now.