NEC DVD +-R/RW 1300 + Experience

vbimport

Hello to all

Is there anyone who has any experience with the new Nec 1300
DVD burner ???

Every suggestion is welcome, but the most important is :

IS IT COMPATABLE WITH DVDXCOPY and DVDXCOPY Express ???

Thanks in advance for all your opinions

Greetings

The Bossz

it will be but whats wrong with DVD Dectypter and DVD shrink?

I got one of the new CenDyne 4X NEC ND-RW 1300A DVD PLUS-MINUS drive and have a few problems. $229.00 at COSTCO.

This DVD drive plays a music CD just fine, but on playing DVD’s the sound and video is bad. The sound is jumpy, video is like stop, go, stop, go, stop, go. Video is like the jerky sound.

What is wrong here and how do I fix it?

System
AMD 2400 +
1 GB memory
2 120GB hard drives
ATI AII-in-wonder 9700 Pro card.

do you have DMA on?

Yes in device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controller transfer mode is DMA if available and the Ultra DMA mode 2

I just go off the phone wigh NEC support on the ND-1300A DVD and they have no idea as to what could cause the sound and video problem jumping.

I asked about a bios upgrade and the guy told me they don’t provide them.

I will try switching the cables and if that does not fix it, drive is going back.

I just go off the phone wigh NEC support on the ND-1300A DVD and they have no idea as to what could cause the sound and video problem jumping.

I asked about a bios upgrade and the guy told me they don’t provide them. He also said NEC does not provide suport for CD/DVD disk drives.

I will try switching the cables and if that does not fix it, drive is going back.

I am using this drive now for a couple of days and I have excellent
results with it. It burns untill now all the things I’ve tried with
excellent quality. (all with DVDxCopy V1.52)

The only thing I did was building in the drive (as master on the
second ide controller) and burn baby burn with great results

TheBossz,

I have the ND-1300A also and it burns great on everything except xCopy 1.5.2 :confused: Data, Video Slideshows, and xCopy Xpress work great.

Are you using the Gear drivers or Nero in 1.5.2? For me, Gear has been hit and miss. Using Nero, I have compatibility issues with most stand alone players.

I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind if I picked your brain a little on your system config. as I’ve been troubleshooting this one for about a week with no success.

Feel free to either PM me or post back to the thread if you can.

Thanks!

I have not made any DVD’s yet as I have been trying to get the software to play them to work. As for now the only software that works on playing a DVD is PowerDVD.
Someone told me you need version of Nero after 5.5.10.27.
Don’t know what Gear drivers is.

I installed WINDVD Platum and it also worked until I installed WINDVD Recorder. I uninstalled WINDDVD Recorder and reinstalled WINDVD, but now it won’t work. Just start, stop, start, stop. Like it is jumping.

What is it you want to know about system config.

System is
WIN XP PRO with SP1
2 120GB hard drives
ATI All-in-wonder 9700 pro
1 GB memory
Direct X9A
latest ATI drivers

@ fredk,

I just played a DVD in my NEC with PowerDVD and the video and sound seemed fine here. Are you using WinDVD bundled with the burner for playback? If you haven’t already tried, you might check and see if Windows Media Player gives you the same jerky sound/playback.

fredk,

Actually my question about Gear, xCopy and system config. was for Bossz.

Regarding your problem with playback. I haven’t actually used the WinDVD software, so I probably won’t be much help there. I was checking to see if you had tested other media players for playback.

If you have system restore enabled on XP, you might try and roll back to the point between installing WinDVD Platinum and WinDVD recorder and see if it goes.

Originally posted by fredk
[B]I just go off the phone wigh NEC support on the ND-1300A DVD and they have no idea as to what could cause the sound and video problem jumping.

I asked about a bios upgrade and the guy told me they don’t provide them.

I will try switching the cables and if that does not fix it, drive is going back. [/B]

Hmmm - that gets me worried about getting this drive - does that really mean no firmware updates full-stop - not like other manufacturers with flash bios’s and use of the net.

Ice

To all who wants to know

I have a very good experience with the Nec 1300a in combination with DVDxCopy Express V1.52

I installed a plain version of XP Professional with SP1 including all
the necessary drivers for my hardware configuration. The only program I installed then was DVDxCopy Express, without any other software. I’m using the Gear drivers. As soon as I want to burn a DVD I switch to this configuration and burn the DVD. As soon I’m ready with burning the DVD (+/- 45 minutes) I switch to my normal configuration and go on with the normal work.

Using it on this way I’m sure that there are no programs with can disturbe the burn process (drivers etc.)

I’m using the Princo DVD-R and the Imation DVD+R with both very
good results.

My DVD Player (in the living room) is the Revoy 2200

My configuration

P4 (Asus P4B533-e) with 512 MB internal
1 x DVD Player (16 speed)
1 x CD Player (52 speed)
1 x Plextor CD-writer (40 speed)
1 x Nec 1300a (specs know)
4 x Hard disk (total 200 GB)

Windows XP SP1 (Dutch)

I hope this will help solving the problems for my friends on
CD-Freaks

Greetings

The Bossz

Had mine for a week now,just testing it with copy protected discs and it read Medal of Honor Allied Assault in just over 2minutes using clone cd and no AWS My 16X Liteon Dvd Cdrom cant do that
Using a combination of Clone Dvd,Dvd shrink and Dvd Decrypter it hasnt failed me
I only wish a Tech Head would come up with a sheep score because I think this drive will cope with correct EFM encoding

Hello to all.

I recently purchased the NEC ND-1300A from Costco (under the CenDyne label) and promptly ran into the problems of jerky sound and video that fredk was mentioning. CenDyne support doesn’t have a clue. However I have solved my problem, and it occurs to me that there may be other Microsoft XP users who have replaced a CDRW drive with the NEC ND-1300A.

My current system is an IBM NetVista A22P with an Intel processor running at 1.6GHZ with 320 MB RAM and 160 GB of hard drive space. XP is the operating system. The system was shipped with a CDRW drive which I replaced with the NEC ND-1300A.

When OEMs shipped systems with windows 98 they included Drive Letter Access (DLA) program to allow writing to CDs without mastering software. This DLA program by Veritas is often bundled with systems from OEMs or installed during the installation of CD burning software. So, when OEMs changed over to Windows XP they failed to realize that XP supports this functionality already and continued to include the DLA program.

In our case I simply deleted the DLA program, and voila! the NEC ND-1300 Plays DVDs just fine. Needless to say I am very happy with the NEC ND-1300A – It does a great job of burning DVD’s, too.

Incidentally, removing the DLA program solved another problem. I recently added a Western Digital 120GB drive. However, every time XP was booted the following message was posted for the 120GB drive: “Invalid Filter Driver.” But since the drive worked just fine, I ignored the message. Since the removal of the DLA program, the error message for the hard drive no longer appears.

Think i mightve found the right place to ask for drivers for the
NC-1300. I lost the original drivers and the NEC site isnt helpfull at all. So if anyone can find it in there heart to email the drivers to me or point me to a web address where they can be downloaded id be grateful.

Help anyone ? :slight_smile: