NEC AD-7173A + Labelflash + Nero 7 Premium + problem

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC AD-7173A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, this is similar to another thread but slightly different model.

I have the NEC AD-7173A using Nero 7 Premium. It has the labelflash setting under extras.

I have used this drive to burn a lot of DVDs but have only just started using Lableflash.

I burnt a DVD (Fujifilm Lableflash) then “flipped it” and went to the BurnLable section.

The labelflash logo appears in the right hand corner, with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A written underneath it. But it says that the disc type is not supported. I tried other from the cakebox and the same message appears.

On a new blank disc and the write side it come up with DiscT@2, with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A underneath it. Doing this it says that it is a DVD-R and looks happy to burn on that side.

I then fliped it over so “printing side” was face down and back comes the message not supported.

I have firmware to 1.04.

Any help will be appreciated, I really don’t want to stick a label on a Fuji disk. :flower:

Hi and Welcome!

you may try the labelling software available for free on http://labelflash.jp --> Index Maker

Michael

I downloaded the Yamaha software and tried it. It worked a treat - so I don’t know why the Nero would not work.

The Yamaha software is fairy basic but at least it’s only a tiny program - under 2MB.

Nero (I have 6.6 “Reloaded”) doesn’t work for me either :wink:
The small software from Yamaha does what I want it to do :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2301529]Nero (I have 6.6 “Reloaded”) doesn’t work for me either :wink:
The small software from Yamaha does what I want it to do :)[/QUOTE]

Which 6.6. do you have?