Nec 7190 (Liteon 20A3P) $24.99 free shipping

The deal on the Nec 7190 is back again at Newegg. $24.99, no rebate, free shipping. Once again, you have to be a NewEgg newsletter subscriber to use the promo code, which is:

EMC1207MDD01

They also have a nice deal on a Coolermaster microATX case for $39.99, free shipping, $15 mail in rebate makes it $24.99 after rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119088&CMP=EMC-IGNEFL120707&ATT=N82E16811119088&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL120707--ComputerCases--E6L-_-11119088

promo code: EMC1207CASE02

Nice price.

so this one can be flashed to a LiteON then ? just making sure. need me a new burner. this one is having issues opening up sometimes. real irritating it is.

[QUOTE=Cavalyr;1950064]so this one can be flashed to a LiteON then ? just making sure. need me a new burner. this one is having issues opening up sometimes. real irritating it is.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it can. I just did so. Go to the Liteon sub-forum, look for the thread on test firmware for the 20A3P. No fancy tricks needed, just download the latest test firmware and run the .exe file.

are these reliable scanners?

[QUOTE=spinejam;1952776]are these reliable scanners?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are. At the present time, CDSpeed does not perform jitter testing with this drive, but the next version will. CodeKing has posted a large number of scans (including jitter) from this drive using the test version of CDSpeed (which we cannot yet get our grubby hands on).:slight_smile:

And so far, my 20A3P (and Nec 7190) do not have the problem of starting off poorly on 8x scans, as evidenced by my Liteon 20A1S and 20A1P and 20A4P drives.

How’s the burn quality with these drives compared to the Pioneer 111/112 drives?

[QUOTE=doom5;1953000]How’s the burn quality with these drives compared to the Pioneer 111/112 drives?[/QUOTE]

I see you are new on the forums, so will attempt to answer your question. If you hang around here (CDFreaks) for a while, you will discover that (burning) life just isn’t that simple. It depends on the media that you have, and the speed at which you try to burn. With the very best media (Verbatim MCC004 or TYG02), both drives give truly excellent results. As a matter of fact, nearly all burners on the market today give excellent results with those two media codes.

With off-the-wall found-on-sale media, it’s going to vary widely. I have some made in India MBI01RG40 media that burn really well on my LG-H10N, and not nearly as well on any other drive, including both Pioneer and Liteon drives.

My Pioneer 111 and 212 drives are on the shelf, and I have a Liteon 20A3P in two of my four computers at the moment. That should give you a clue on how I rate the drives.

Regular price went up a dollar to $25.99 but shipping is still free (Promo Code may still work for the lower price).

Also, NewEgg has the 20A3P-08 retail version (includes Nero and a white bezel)for only $4 more also with free shipping. PRODUCT LINK